Problem with multi-disk movies

yrara
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Don't know if this is a kodi issue or a server issue, but here's the deal:

I'm running emby as a service on a windows 10 machine, and the client is a Kodi Helix on openelec, running at an RPi3.

On the server I have a movie split into two pats, the files are titled "movie CD1.avi" and "movie CD2.avi", and placed in the same directory. After emby has scanned the library, I note that there is an nfo file for CD1, but not for CD2.

In the client, the movie is listed with a duration of 60 minutes, which is in fact just the duration of the first file. Part 2 isn't listed anywhere, from what I can tell. If I start watching, and reach the end of part 1, it'll correctly proceed to play the next part, but if I pause and exit at this point, the movie will be marked as watched (since I've finished the listed part), and there appears to be no way to get back to where I was except for starting part 1, skipping ahead to the end, waiting for part 2 to load, and then skipping ahead again to where I was.

What do I need to change in order to make the entire movie listed in kodi? The issue appears to be emby-related, I only just switched to emby, and didn't have this problem before. Let me know if there is any additional information I need to post.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Nothing to be done. Emby for Kodi doesn't really support multi-parts - currently the extra parts are added to the Kodi playlist, but do not exists on their own. Emby server multi-part aspect is also under developed. You'll get better results all around, if you make them into one file instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05