TV Show wrongly identified, cannot change

ax3l

Hi All,

I have a TV series, that up until yesterday was identified correctly, its now identifying as an animae version of the show, and no amount of using identify, or editing to remvoe all external ID's that are not relevant will fix it, it always goes back to the wrong show.

It does list the correct IMDB and TVDB ID's but also seems to pick up other ID's and ignores the ones i want.

Any ideas would be welcome

EDIT: i did have the anime plugin in installed, but it is currently removed

EDIT EDIT: seems ok now, restarted the server, and identified again and it mostly seems to have taken for the series as a whole, still listing anima on a couple of seasons but im less worried about that

Edited by ax3l
  • Like 1

the show was Supernatural. it was gettign marked as Supernatural : The anime series.

It kept filling in the external ID's anime options, even with the proper imdb and tvdb external ID's in there.

Hi, I can't reproduce this. I just added Supernatural and it pulled the right show automatically. I named the folder after the show  name. My test server is using default metadata settings. Are yours at default?

So i have seasons listed like this currently.

(images showed animae as genre on main series screen)

also have mostly working links on the main series page:

(image shpowed correct links such as tvdb, but also anidb)

except there is still AniDB, which takes you to :http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7654

it did not want to post with picture pasted in

to be honest i dont rember seeing anidb as an external option(along with other anime external id fields), is that brought in by the anime plugin? (which i have removed a while before)

Edited by ax3l

probably should add i have been moving files about within that series as they were in too many layers of folders and some were in the series root rather then the season folder. but i wouldnt expect that to make it detect as a new show? Its mostly back how it was now anyways

Angelblue05

I have the same issue as ax3l. The anime id needs to be removed first, then save the series, then Identify. If it isn't, the server keeps the anime metadata even if you use Identify. It's annoying and why I asked for separate metadata downloaders per library @@Luke. :)

I don't understand why identify doesn't work so well. But if it's unable to gain priority over what is already existing, then it's a problem and feels as if it's actually broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

I have the same issue as ax3l. The anime id needs to be removed first, then save the series, then Identify. If it isn't, the server keeps the anime metadata even if you use Identify. It's annoying and why I asked for separate metadata downloaders per library @@Luke. :)

If the anime plugin is not installed then this is not true because the core server will not do anything with the anidb id's. the only thing "wrong" with it will be the presence of the link that might bother you a little. and that can be fixed by removing the id.

Angelblue05

Sure Luke, but if you have to blank out before Identify, that's not good? What if more metadata downloaders are added in the long run? Identify should already blank out any existing Id and overwrite anything that's already existing - that's why the user is trying to Identify the content.

Anyway, I've had to deal with this issue for a long time and it creeps up randomly if the anime provider is ranked above anything else. The impression left, even if not the actually issue is that Identify is buggy and I don't think it's a good thing.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Sure Luke, but if you have to blank out before Identify, that's not good? What if more metadata downloaders are added in the long run? Identify should already blank out any existing Id and overwrite anything that's already existing - that's why the user is trying to Identify the content. Anyway, I've had to deal with this issue for a long time and it creeps up randomly if the anime provider is ranked above anything else.

Never said you had to blank it out. If the plugin is uninstalled you can just leave it there. identify should overwrite all id's. i will have to check on that. thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry, I'm the one that said you have to blank it out if the anime provider is installed. It's the only way Identify will then work.

Awesome, let me know if you need more info. I've had this issue with Supernatural, Grimm and Once upon a time (2011)

• 4 months later...
CharleyVarrick

Over here, Spartacus kept being displayed by Emby as Spartacus: Blood and Sand - Motion Comic

Don't remember what I had to do to fix it for good, but it required resolve and patience...

Never had Anime plugin installed.

Edited by jlr19