Why isn't watched state available in Kodi?

Mentalblaze
Go to solution Solved by im85288,

Mentalblaze

OK. I have had Emby and Kodi side by side a while. Emby have been used by my daughter and I have used Kodi.

Then when I had to do a new install of Kodi I added the Emby plugin and connected them.

Worked fine and I could live with setting the Watch state again for relevant films, series and episodes.

But yesterday I had no space left on my Android TV and I got a lot of errors.

In short Kodi refused to start or worked very poorly.

After some investigation I found out that the Emby app that also was installed had used 8.5 Gb of the 12Gb space on the device (yes that was beside the main point, but a bit interesting all the same). So I uninstalled that and started Kodi again. But as Kodi still showed some issues, I opened the Emby settings in Kodi and restored the local database.

As I use Emby in the backend I had expected that all the Watch state data and resume info would be restored from Emby server, but no. Nothing, Everything is set to unwatched.

Is that as expected? Isn't Emby saving that data when I watch from Kodi?

Or is there a setting I have missed, either in Kodi or in the Emby server.

Edit: I have to change my statement. SOME watched states have been saved. I have marked whole series as watched earlier and they were actually set.

But not the episodes I have watched during the past weeks - I have not investigated that hard, but it looks like most are set as unwatched now.

So maybe I have to change my question to: how does watched state get saved from Kodi to Emby server?

Edited by Mentalblaze

hoppel118

Synchronistion of watch states between emby for kodi and emby server works fine for me.

I use jarvis 16.1 with the emby for kodi 2.2.19.

Greetings Hoppel

• Solution
im85288

It should all be working as you expected, assuming of course you are using the stable Jarvis 16.1 version. Next time you start playing something from Kodi go to the dashboard on your server and assure that the episode you are playing is being shown as playing.

If not post a log as described in the sticky section.

• Like 1

Mentalblaze

It does look like it works fine now, when I watch something now it gets updated as watched in Emby.

But I lost a lot of watched state info when I dropped the Kodi DB the other day...

But I can live with that, hopefully I am on the right track now going forward.

• Like 2

xnappo

Yes - when you initially switch you need to use Trakt to backup and restore the watched state.  But it should work right from here out.