Can't stream files from server after moving to house with no internet

smidley
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

smidley
I recently moved to a new house and haven't got internet connected yet.  I have my server setup (Emby Host) and my shield TV as the client pointing to the servers IP address.  Nothing in the configuration has changed since I moved from my old house.  When I start up SPMC, I can see it log me into the Emby server, but when I try to playback a file, it just says Opening Stream forever.

I didn't think an internet connection was needed to playback content located on your local network, but that's literally the only difference.  I can access the server from this client just fine for other things, SPMC seems to be the only issue.

• Solution
Angelblue05

I highly doubt the issue lies with Emby for Kodi - it's most likely another Kodi add-on trying to get info at the time of playback but times out due to no connection? If you retry to play the same content, does it always say opening stream and fails to play?

I have just tested it on my side - I saw what you are talking about, but in my case, content actually played just fine if I retried to play. There's a bunch of timeout from the skin script helper that ended up crashing Kodi in my case. But when I restarted Kodi, it was working fine and didn't even get stuck on opening stream.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

I highly doubt the issue lies with Emby for Kodi - it's most likely another Kodi add-on trying to get info at the time of playback but times out due to no connection? If you retry to play the same content, does it always say opening stream and fails to play?

I have just tested it on my side - I saw what you are talking about, but in my case, content actually played just fine if I retried to play. There's a bunch of timeout from the skin script helper that ended up crashing Kodi in my case. But when I restarted Kodi, it was working fine and didn't even get stuck on opening stream.

You're correct, the issue is not related to emby/Kodi, it appears to be an issue with the firmware on my device, I have reported the issue on that forum, sorry for bugging you.

Thanks