Description information for some TV recordings

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Luke, I was thinking about something tonight and I am not sure if it's something easy to add to your enormous list of things you keep doing for all of us but I thought I would mention in case you can since you do seem to listen and add things that are possible.

My example involves recording things like the Olympics, where you're not going to have the metadata pulled down from somewhere like you do with regular TV shows (NCIS, Big Bang Theory, etc.). 

I usually record different segments of the Olympics throughout the day and evening and then my wife and I sit down to binge watch them. However, it's not easy to see which one contains say Track and Field and swimming. That information does show up in the guide when I select which ones I want to record though. I had a little work around I did with a few of them just to test it out where I actually copied the description in the guide and pasted it into the description field in the metadata manager. It looks really nice that way when I pull up one of the recordings to watch.

Is it possible to somehow make that description field get filled out with the same data that is in the guide when it's recorded? Again, not sure how that would work or how hard that would be to do. 

Thanks.