Can't games to work with ET

danswan

frankmomma

@@crazybbs So I was messing around with all this again and pretty much started from scratch.. reinstalling game browser and making new paths. After this i no longer had a play button on any games at all. I then found another thread that was talking about having to change the XML so that the game system name matches the gamebrowser systems.. now i have a play button on games that i changed, and it opens the emulator no problem. however, It doesnt play the game. If I locate the game path inside the emulator and open it, the game starts no problem

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

frankmomma

so i have absolutely no idea what happened.. but it randomly started working for genesis games. I am going to check the rest of the emulators after dinner and let you know what happens.

frankmomma

@crazybbs 

SO everything seems to be working fine. N64, Genesis, Gamecube, the only one that isn't atm is Playstation, but that is an issue with the emulator. I have absolutely no idea what caused it to work but I am glad that it is. After finding out these work, i went to try it on my laptop. I changed all the settings so it is identical to my working desktop emulator but it didn't load the game, it would just open up the emulator. I then tried to boot game from emulator using UNC path and the game launched fine. I then went back into Emby and launched the game and it seemed to be working no problem. 
So the only thing that seams to make sense is maybe i had never launched a game before in the emulator, and it needed the ROM to be selected through the emulator before being able to use Emby to open it.

Either way, it is working now and I appreciate your help and quick responses!! If i have any more issues I will be sure to post about it!!