ET with madvr crashes when movie is launched

fibertech
Go to solution Solved by JAJ,

fibertech

Hello,

First I know that I am going to get yelled at because I couldn't find a log for theater.

The things I have done so far:

Played the video through the webpage with no issue.

Removed ET, madvr, LAV - ran ccleaner on the registry after removal and rebooted both the computer and the server

Downloaded a new version of madvr, lav and ET

reinstalled all of the above

I then created a whole new profile in Windows 10, installed everything and got the same issue. Earlier today I played a movie and had no issues.

Win 10

ATI video card

Intel I5

Settings: DXVA2CopyBack, Video(16-235) I tried both

Filter - stable

Every time I launch a movie I get sound and a pop up that states "Emby theater.exe  an error has occurred"

I try to pull up the log located at C:\Users\Theater\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\logs

but the last one was from way earlier today

Also, the videos work on EVR and EVR+ but I can never get subtitle to show up on either of those.

Please help me, I am going nuts trying to figure this out

I just ran it on my laptop using ET and madvr and it worked fine.

Also I can run videos in MPC-HC with madvr

Edited by fibertech

fibertech

Luke,

Thank you for the reply. I just set it to auto and got the same error message. I have included a screenshot of the error.

57ae81c9bc3eb_error.png

You can find the emby theater log by going to the emby server folder then going up a level, then down to emby-theater

fibertech

Just found this in the server log:
2016-08-12 21:07:47.3025 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: \\Titanic\titanic\movie x264\Karate Kid\Karate Kid-trailer.mp4, isEligibleForDirectPlay: False, isEligibleForDirectStream: False
2016-08-12 21:07:47.3025 Info App: RemoteClientBitrateLimit: 72000000, RemoteIp: 192.168.1.4, IsInLocalNetwork: True
2016-08-12 21:07:47.3025 Info App: Cannot direct play due to unknown content bitrate
2016-08-12 21:07:47.3025 Info App: Cannot direct play due to unknown content bitrate
2016-08-12 21:07:47.3025 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: \\Titanic\titanic\movie x264\Karate Kid\Karate Kid-trailer.mp4, isEligibleForDirectPlay: False, isEligibleForDirectStream: False

server-63606624306.txt

• Solution

Not sure if this helps, but I had the exact same issue ( I tried every combination of setting, uninstalled, wiped everything reinstalled. Nothing worked).

So I downloaded the latest madVR (from doom9) and replaced the madVR folder in emby theater with the new version and all is well now.

• Like 1

fibertech

JAJ,

You are a genius. My hat is off to you. I thought ET used an external copy of madvr and never thought to look internally.

Thank you very much.

AdrianW

I've had the same thing happen in the past - usually when I've had a new AMD radeon driver. Usually the official MadVR releases are a bit more recent than the version that comes with ET, and the more recent release may include a fix for a video card issue.

• Like 1