Playing SBS (180x180_3dh) videos in gear vr

Pat_S

Hi, not sure if this is a known issue or if I just missed a setup spot. I use emby and can stream to my device (Gear VR, samsung S6) without any problems. However, only 3dv (1080p) videos work in full vr. When I try to run side by side instead of vertical, the image gets squished down. I tried googling about and can't seem to find the issue. Is this something that is not supported via browser?

Hmm, i wonder if the real question is whether it's working when direct playing, but not when transcoding (as expected)? Could that be the difference between the two tests possibly?

Hi, quick update. When run directly from the phone it works fine, it also works fine if I run it on an external movie player (I use vrtv) in Google cardboard.

It seems to be exclusively an issue when accessing emby through a browser.

Probably because the browser cannot play the file without transcoding and once it transcodes that changes everything

I don't understand why side-by-side would change while vertical would not. Is that something I can fix, or is it a problem with the Samsung browser itself somehow messing with embys interface?