ET can not launch movies anymore

esseki

esseki

Hi,

i would like to report an issue i'm having with the latest versions of ET.

It started a few days ago so i don't know exactly which version of ET it started with (as i think ET is updating on launch). But now i'm using 2.5.7.

I have a Windows 10 Intel N3050 box. I use it for both my Emby server and client (with Emby Theater) when watching movies on my projector. The movie files themselves are stored on a NAS.

The problem is that for the past days, ET does not launch my movies anymore. It shows the blue spinning circle and then nothing happens.

57ab813da2fdd_Capturedcran20160810213032

This exact same movie or episode could be launched a few days/weeks ago from this install. And apart from updating the Emby server and ET i don't think i changed anything on this box.

What is weird is the same movie/episode can be launched from other client (iPad app or web client form my Macbook).

I have attached a server log file with "Enable debug logging" activated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

server_log.txt

Edited by esseki

• 4 months later...
Marc_G

Glad to hear this is resolved.

For anyone who comes by this thread while searching on the topic of trouble launching shows in ET., I will say that I noticed once in a while this happened. One cause I stumbled upon was that I was trying to play an HD audio track, on a system that usually supports this, but due to a glitch caused by a prior Remote Desktop Protocol session, the Windows audio device had disappeared, and so ET couldn't actually connect the right splitter / renderer bits. In this case a reboot fixed it.

Generalizing this a bit, the spinning circle of death as I think about it seems to reflect ET trying to take an action but failing to do so.