2-3 seconds of playback then stops

manf0001
Go to solution Solved by manf0001,

manf0001

Hello,  I found that after I had updated my emby server to 3.0.6050.0 that I am unable to playback any videos on my Android TV that are encoded MPEG4 and a codec Tag of XVID.  what happens is that is will start to play and 2-3 seconds it will just stop.

I can play fine on my emby app on the phone, or the web browser plays it fine.

If I cast to my nexus player from my phone it will play fine.   Just not in the Android TV app

My Android TV app is 1.2.24g.   I was using the beta version and I think it was up to 1.2.28 but I removed it and went back to the stable release thinking it may have been something in the beta version.

I have also cleared out the data of the app but no go.

However any thing done with a Codec of H264 play back fine.

Thanks

bmoses

I have a very similar issue i was coming here to post about and saw this thread so i'll add mine to it. mine is doing the same thing but with LIVE TV and Recorded TV. When watching either of those it will start playing for 2-3 seconds and then stop and go back to the screen you were at right before you started playing. I haven't noticed it on any other file types, just live tv and recorded. Its also only doing it on Android TV on my nexus player. watching on my android phone or in the web player works without issue. My parents setup is also doing the exact same thing. i have hdhomerun tuners using serverwmc. 

bmoses

well i don't know what did it but mine is working now. looks like android tv is still running the same version but there was a server update today (beta) that i applied. i tested when i got home to send in a log and its working now.

• Solution
manf0001

Just updated mine to 3.0.6060 and everything is working again

Edited by manf0001
  • Like 1