XMLTV File Lock

Serkeliss

Serkeliss

Greetings!  

You guys have been doing a phenomenal job on this product.  I finally got around to installing it on my local server and am super excited to get it going.  I'm mostly going to be using it for Live TV and possibly adopting the additional TV Series and Movies libraries at another time (currently using Plex, but have always been impressed with Emby and even Media Browser back in the day).

I have an issue that you might be able to answer very quickly, but I'm having a hard time with it.  I finally got my Guide Data loading in just fine for my OTA Broadcast channels and am currently using zap2xml and zap2it to generate my XMLTV file for Emby to use.  I understand that this option is relatively new so I'm certainly happy for its inclusion.

When I generate my xml file for Emby to use as a Guide Provider, it seems like it doesn't just keep checking the file periodically, but locks the file so it can't be touched (or overwritten, in my case).  This leaves it so that my scheduled task to run zap2xml grabs the correct information and parses it, but it can't output the xml file anymore because Emby has locked it down.  These leaves the XML aging and not getting the latest information.

Am I doing something wrong here?  Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.  I know you guys are busy from getting this amazing product even better with each passing day.

Hi, welcome. It does update by default every 12 hours via the refresh guide scheduled task. It does not hold a lock on the file, I am guessing it happened to be reading it at the same time it was written to.

Serkeliss

Man, I think you're right and I jumped the gun a bit.  I was doing everything that I could with it earlier and I couldn't get it to work.  Letting it alone for an hour or so and returning back to it, it looks like it's editable and not locked after all.  Thanks for the your help confirming that.  Everything looks good again.  Keep up the good work, guys!