Emby Theater on HTPC available as playback option even when PC is asleep

sansoo22

sansoo22

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Emby Theater section or in Emby for Android so feel free to move this topic if necessary.

My Setup:

HTPC running windows 7 with Emby Theater 2.5.6

unRAID Server running Emby Server 3.0.6000.0

Samsung GS7 Edge running Emby for Android

Samsung Galaxy Tab running Emby for Android (used as a remote)

My Issue:

Emby Theater on my HTPC is displaying as a playback device even when the PC is in S1 sleep.  Emby for Android will let me connect to the HTPC somehow.  I can even click play on any media and it will somehow queue it up.  It doesn't actually play of course but as soon as the HTPC wakes up if emby is running and in the foreground the media will start playing.  I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug.  I would assume that if the HTPC is asleep it would not be available as a play back device on either of the android devices.  I find this to be very strange behavior considering the HTPC would not show up as a playback device unless I closed and relaunched Emby Theater after waking the PC.  Now it seems the HTPC is a permanent playback option as long as I am on my home network regardless of the sleep state.  

The ability to browse my media on my tablet and play it on my HTPC is definitely one of my favorite features of Emby.  So as long as it works in some capacity I am still happy.  Being a dev myself weird issues like this in my projects tend to drive me crazy so I thought i'd report it.

I have found a temporary workaround for the issue on the Galaxy Tab I am using as a remote.  I use Tasker and Remote Launcher to wake the PC and either launch or bring Emby Theater to the foreground anytime the Emby app is launched on the tablet.  If anyone is interested in how all that works I can do a detailed write up on it.  

Thanks and keep up the great work!

It shouldn't be available in this situation. I have not seen this behavior but will keep an eye out for it. Thanks.