Is it possible to restore movies deleted from Kodi but still in Emby?

blandella
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

blandella

My SO got drunk and decided to delete about half of my movie files from Kodi. Thankfully, he didn't do it through the Emby options, so the files are all still intact and still show up in the Emby server. So here are some questions:

• Is there a way to add those files/metadata/etc back to Kodi?
  • Is this what the "Reset local Kodi database" is for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xnappo

'Reset local Kodi database' will definitely work. 

Probably 'Repair local database' would as well.

blandella

'Reset local Kodi database' will definitely work. 

Probably 'Repair local database' would as well.

Is the "Repair local database" option in the Emby addon? (Sorry, I'm at work, and can't seem to find this option in the online documentation.)

• Solution
Angelblue05

You can do a repair by launching the emby add-on > repair local database (it will refresh all titles).

Or you can just hit save in the metadata manager in your emby server for the titles missing in Kodi.

The only thing with repair is that it doesn't target just one section (at this time). So it might be faster to do a reset if you have a very large library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

blandella

Thanks for the help, everyone! The option to hit save in the Metadata Manager fixed things perfectly. I was able to test with a few titles, and go from there. All of the files are back in Kodi for my viewing pleasure, and my SO has been downgraded to the "kids" version of the Yatse remote.

• Like 1