Emby for Fire TV Guide Order Issue

Jay3ird
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Jay3ird

My LIve TV guide channels are out of order in the Emby for Fire TV app.

They look like this.

They should look like this.

I am running the ServerWMC plugin. The channel order is correct in other client interfaces ( Firefox web interface, Emby for Android, and Kodi witch pulls direct from ServerWMC).

• Solution

Check the settings in the app.

The default is to show the channels in the order of last viewed.  This keeps the channels you watch the most right at the top of the guide.  If you don't want this, you can turn it off in settings.

Jay3ird

That explains it. After I posted this I noticed that the channel order was changing.

Edited by JCurcillo

Jay3ird

I would suggest changing the default to put them in numeric order. Leave the option of ordering by most frequently watched as unchecked.

It is an extremely useful feature for the way most people watch TV and given the limitations of the grid guide when you have a lot of channels.

If we defaulted it off, then almost no one would ever even know about the feature because people rarely actually look for options.  So, I think the better option for most is the way it works now.  That is evidenced by the fact that there have been very few questions about it while the feature has been in place for quite a while.