Emby Windows UWP Xbox, HTPC, Phone in Store Now!!

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi All,

The "official" announcement of this exciting new emby app, is still being tweaked. 7Illusions has followed up the Windows 10 app, with a new app from the ground up for the UWP platform. You now can enjoy your emby content in the same native windows app on the phone, tablet, PC, HTPC and Xbox1.

- Ease of installation and updates through the Windows store.

- Adaptive UI that adjusts to device/form factor

- Great playback natively in windows

- sync for the road warrior in you

The UI is fresh and exciting, Everyone expects stellar support for Movies and TV, it's there. Music fans will be pleasantly surprised as well(!!!!).

So stop by the Windows forum,

Exciting stuff happening there

• Like 6

chef

How is this thread getting buried! This is the biggest news all year (as far as I am concerned)!

Well done! Can wait to see it in the Xbox store!

jasonmcroy

I am potentially very excited, but it hasn't shown up in the store for me yet and I am on the latest Xbox One release (I double checked the version number). 

Xzener

Finally got the aniverary update installed on my Surface Pro 3, what a pain in the arse.

Having issues with the new UMP app... Some images are not loading, and if I try playback, nothing plays. The player comes up, just not starting playback.

Edit: Resolved with a server restart, it was slow and unresponsive.

Edited by Xzener

FrostByte

It's not on the Xbox store yet.  7 mentioned in another thread that MS is still working on getting the Store setup for the new apps.  Hopefully, there will be an announcement soon when it's available

• Like 1

FrostByte

Great job 7Illusions,

My wife uses the new app on our laptop to watch video and likes the improved UI a lot. 

I'm mostly a music user of the app and like several of the playback improvements over the last version.  One of the improvements I like is the ability to shuffle and playback my whole playlist.  The old app and several of the other Emby apps I've used restrict you to 1 or 2 hundred songs randomly picked from large song playlists.  With this update I can shuffle my whole 2000+ song playlist, then minimize the app and just let it play all day long

57a37ee1ce554_shuffle.jpg

• Like 2