DLNA Profile for Bravia 2016

nicktech209

nicktech209

Ive been attempting to modify the dlna profile for the bravia 2014 profile to fit my needs however it seems that no matter what i try changes don't seem to make any difference, since the recent update to 3186 it is no longer using my custom profile it is instead now using the Samsung Smart TV profile which was fine it had no impact. I should state that small files with ac3 output in 5.1, but larger files do not with the same container and same codecs so it lead me to believe that the audio bitrate was too high, so I have been attempting to decrease the audio bitrate within the xml's directly reworking the videobitrate line to 224000 which looked like this <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="AudioBitrate" value="224000" isRequired="true" /> but it still defaults to 448k then for a further twist to this puzzle i decided to right click a file directly (Im using windows 10) and cast it directly to my tv and ac3 works dts works aac does not. I am truly confused now I am not receiving any errors and transcoding of audio is working according to my logs, which is why they are not attached, but when the video starts on the emby tv app the audio is recognized by my receiver as DD51 but for some reason instantly changes to PCM20. I was starting to think it was a hardware issue till I clicked cast file within windows. So its obvious to me that the hardware is more then capable of passing through the audio at whatever bitrate EmbyTV just down converts it to PCM for some reason, just to avoid any confusion I have the DTS box checked, I do not have the downmix to stereo selected and within what little options my tv gives me for audio i have auto 2 selected meaning compress multichannel audio but leave stereo alone and I have tried auto 1 as well the result was moot.

Edited by nicktech209

nicktech209

So I've done further testing and it doesnt seem to be file size or bit rate the only difference I can see is the version of mkvmerge being used I have sent logs via Emby TV app with 3 seperate files being played 2 of which outputted in PCM and one that passed through the last being the one that passed through. What I'm trying to achieve is 5.1 or 7.1 audio being passed through for true surround sound, server side from the looks of the logs everything is good but from the TV side something is a miss.

The one that direct played passing through the audio is Code of Honor

server-63605994488.txt

transcode-9bd842a6-2afa-4067-9b1f-30e173c99945.txt

directstream-ad97a452-5825-46fc-834f-3e2565c94c0a.txt

Samsung Smart TV.xml

nicktech209

I'm pretty sure that the dlna is functioning properly at first I thought it was the culprit but now I'm not so sure. So I think it maybe a libvlc or Emby app for Android tv problem because I've watched a few movies using the windows 10 play to function which is not impressive to me and lacks options since wmp hasn't changed much in 20 years, but besides the point it has worked and passes multichannel audio through, no problem.

Edited by nicktech209

nicktech209

And btw thank you, I've been using Emby since before it was an acronym and I love your work. So I mean it whole hearted...Thank you

Ok, then if you're using the Emby App it will have nothing to do with Dlna profiles. I think you should start from the beginning, open a topic here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/147-android-tv-fire-tv/

and just describe the issue that you're having. if you're not having an issue and you just want to tinker with audio settings, then check out the in-app settings within the Emby app. Thanks.