MBT Plugin Examples

firecube

firecube

Hi,

I wondered if there are any examples of plugins for MBT that I can use as a starting point for developing my own plugin.  I have looked at the ones in GitHub but all they do is launch external applications.

I would like to show lists of items like in the library views and then click into them to view.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Simon

firecube

Hi Luke,

Wow, quick response!

What I would like to do is parse a web site or XML feed to pull on demand TV information (BBC iPlayer initially) and present it to the user to browse through like the library content.  I had imagined doing this periodically and storing the information in a local file or DB.  I was intending to then pop Chrome in kiosk mode and serve a custom page with the flash plugin full screen as am not sure if MBT can play the iPlayer RTMP streams directly.

I have loads of C# experience but all web dev and server side so new to WPF.  I was just hoping for an example to get me going  :-)

Thanks, Simon

What kind of items? Unfortunately it's very early so that's all the examples we have. You can still use them as an example though - an app can be anything. so instead of launching an external program it could just navigate MBT to a new screen with your lists.

Hi firecube,

Welcome!

You have a lot of server side experience?

I need help with a plugin for MB3 that needs to be an HTTPS server for an ATV client and am having trouble. Is HTTPS servers something you have experience with?

Edited by BC101

no, just wait until the server has integrated https support. probably within the next few releases so i'm sure there's plenty for you to work on between now and then.

:\ I need to use port 443 and serve a faked certificate so there's no way the real MB3 can be on port 443 and the ATV Server plugin listening on it at the same time.

MB3 should use port 8443 by default :)

Edited by BC101

well if you read the wiki on github you'd see that you can add your own api endpoints, so yes, you can listen on the same port. in fact, you don't need to know anything about it. 

having said that, when we roll out https i don't think it's going to be on port 443 so i guess you will have to roll your own solution anyway.