Windows 8/RT Question About Buffering

Netbug
Go to solution Solved by 7illusions,

I love the Windows RT client.

I am having one troublesome issue at present with it though; it would seem that my internet connection isn't quite fast enough to maintain the upload speed for streaming.

Does the application buffer content? If so, is there any way to control this or see how much has been buffered?

For example, right now, I'm trying to watch an episode of Community from another location. The show is pausing about every 60-90 seconds. I'm 99% sure this is being caused by the upload speed of my home connection. I'd like to be able to buffer a show/movie completely to the device before viewing.

Sorry if this isn't clear.

Thanks!

• Solution
7illusions

At the moment there's only a super low setting.

to enable it, bring out the charms menu, click settings and general and enable the "Transcode to low quality" option.

In the next release this will be improved.

• Like 1

ernstgot

In the Dev build now you have the option for quality and speed of transcoding but windows 8 app doesn't utilize this as of yet, any idea of when?

In the Dev build now you have the option for quality and speed of transcoding but windows 8 app doesn't utilize this as of yet, any idea of when?

That feature is not complete yet. It is not for the win 8 app to utilize it will be server wide. So when it is finished all client will be using it (without change to the clients).