DVBViewer / WMC-WMCserver

toch

So far I have been running live TV by means of WMC and wmcserver.

Now I would like to run Live TV by means of DVBViewer. Enclosed you see a pdf file which indicate the plugin for dvbviewer and  wmcserver in my dashboard/live tv. Is it possible to change between severwmc and dvbviewer or do I have to remove servervmc if I want to use the dvbviewer ?

Do we have any experience with use of dvbviwer together with Emby ?

toch

Dok5.pdf

Thanks for the feedback

How can I change from wmcserver to DVBviewer ? When I open my Live TV today, it is "just" from wmcserver.

Is the DVBviewer plug in,  just for record and NOT for Live tv ?

toch

pünktchen

The DVBViewer plugin is also for live tv. Be sure to disable (not only trash icon) any Sat-Ip tuner that is listed in the live tv status page of Emby's dashboard. The plugin uses it's own implementation for streaming.

Now I dont understand you. I dont have any Sat-Ip tuner, I just have a two tuners for cable TV. So as I said above I have so far been using serverwmc to see Live Tv in Emby. But now I want dvbwiever to provide the live TV in Emby

If I understand you right, I have to removed the serverwmc plugin - and just using the plugin for dvbwiever ?

toch 

pünktchen

No, you don't have to remove the serverwmc plugin. Although you will get doubled channels.

DVBViewer Recording Service itself acts as a Sat-Ip server. So you will probably see two tuner devices in Emby.

It is important to deactivate those tuners because they will conflict with the DVBViewer plugin!

pünktchen

Have you disabled the tuner device named "Kontor" like i told you?

Just trigger a guide refresh after this and normally you are done.

pünktchen

Really? I see it in your pdf, so you should also see it [emoji6]

Live tv status page in Emby dashboard...

pünktchen

Disable the first one. But don't use the trash icon! Click on the listed tuner device and a details page should popup.

In the details page is a checkmark to enable/disable the tuner.

pünktchen

Please enable logging in the advanced section of the live tv plugin settings, trigger a guide refresh and upload the server log after this.

• 1 month later...

yes thanks it is playing now, but I am not able to play " recordings " in the emby player ( not even in vlc ). the file type is TS. I can play it in windows dvd player and ofcourse DVBViewer  

pünktchen

yes thanks it is playing now, but I am not able to play " recordings " in the emby player ( not even in vlc ). the file type is TS. I can play it in windows dvd player and ofcourse DVBViewer

VLC standalone Windows version or VLC within the Emby app?

If it is the first, then i can't help. If it is the second, does it work in a browser? Please post logs!