Bloody Designs

bloodtaker

Testing to waters for a box set style

9mkw.png

is it just me or does the perspective look out on this and the Jurassic park one? Looks like you shouldn't be able to read it that well!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

shaefurr

in this case its really easy to change as all it is a font change it on 1 spot changes everywhere i make sure to make easy for myself lol

Be warned about boxsets, you'll end up making trillions of them lol

bloodtaker

Be warned about boxsets, you'll end up making trillions of them lol

That's why those are on the back burner right now.  I want to finish up the genres first then start on the others. I may not even really delve into them not sure yet and if I do not then I might post the template up.

aspdend

@@bloodtaker a couple of quick comments so far. Loving the look of the second boxset...For the main genre icons - I have a real problem with the highlights to the border - to my eyes the way the highlights are done it makes the border look wavy rather than straight edged, which looks very disconcerting. ALso the blu-ray case treatment looks a bit washed out...Great work so far and leagues ahead of my talent in this area!

Mfusick

I love the 16x9 ones.  

I wish MBtheater and MBclassic could agree on the format size though.  I still need poster/folder sized for classic and 16x9 for theater

shaefurr

@@bloodtaker a couple of quick comments so far. Loving the look of the second boxset...For the main genre icons - I have a real problem with the highlights to the border - to my eyes the way the highlights are done it makes the border look wavy rather than straight edged, which looks very disconcerting. ALso the blu-ray case treatment looks a bit washed out...Great work so far and leagues ahead of my talent in this area!

I'm gonna take a guess and say the bluray template looks washed out because he has them with transparency like real bluray cases. Maybe im wrong (downloaded the PNG and the case isnt transparent)

Edited by shaefurr

bloodtaker

shaefurr is right its a overlay to mimick the close on gloss plastic that holds the sleave  here is another version

bhd3.png

aspdend

That makes sense (like I say, my talents are waaaaaaay lower than yours for this sort of graphic design/artistry). Personally I like the look of the first one with the glossy sheen, but think it shouldn't apply to the case, just the image/cover inside it. To my mind, the blue colour should be deeper as well...Just some friendly feedback....

• 2 weeks later...

The borders and edge shadows probably shouldn't be baked into the images. Those won't play nicely with most clients.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
bloodtaker

Can this be locked due to imageshack deleting most of the work done. @@Luke

Edited by bloodtaker