Audio stops working

madhatr

madhatr

When shuffling a show, play all, and at times just playing a show the audio will cut out completely on my Shield TV no matter what the audio settings are. I can leave Emby and Netflix and YouTube and I have audio. I have to reboot the Shield and then the audio returns to working normal. I believe forcing the Emby app to stop and fully close out with sometimes fix the issue.

That's a new one.  What do you mean by "I can leave Emby and Netflix and Youtube and I have audio"?  What are you doing with Netflix and YouTube and are they also losing audio?

madhatr

If I hit the home key and open up another app the sound in that application is working normally. I can then open Emby which will usually still be open in the background and try to play something, no sound. Like the audio codec that Emby uses is locked up.

Only thing I can suggest is to send an app log the next time this happens.  Then come here and tell me you sent it, what was playing and the name of the Emby user.  Thx.

madhatr

Ok, next time it happens I'll turn logging on and load a video then send the log with the name of what I was trying to play. It doesn't seem to care what I want to watch on it, be it the same file of going from a mkv with AAC to a avi with mp3, same results. Since I just got the Shield, the Shield just did a update, plus I also have it hooked up to a new 4k Samsung TV there are several points of failure it could be other than the software.