TV shows won't play about 99% of the time.

relink2013

mini__me

Would access to a server be helpful? Or do you think it's client side? This happens on both my iPad and iPhone though I haven't sent any logs as yet relating to the iPad connection.

mini__me

Not sure if it's of any relevance but when it fails to play the channel and freezes on the iOS device, it does not list that an attempt was made in the dashboard.

BTW Same issue still with Server version 3.0.6030.0

relink2013

I hadn't tried Emby almost all week, and last time I tried it it still wasn't working. But yesterday I was working late and figured I'd try and catchup on some news while I finished up what I was working on. To my amazement...IT WORKED!

I then switched over to my iPad so I could get a bigger screen and it WORKED! In fact for about a minute I was watching TV on both my iPad and my iPhone!! Remotely from work! I even changed channels a few times, left work and tried it at my local vape shop on the way home, and tried again at home, and I only got the frozen frame issue once! Every other time it has worked.

I'm still going to give it a little more time before I declare it fixed, but what ever you guys did, so far so good.

mini__me

Not to put a downer on it but it must be coincidence as I haven't seen Luke connect to my machine, nor have I noticed an update as yet to the server or client.

relink2013

The only thing I have actually done is reboot the server for a totally unrelated issue. I guess I have just gotten lucky. Hopefully there will be an official word on this issue being resolved.

mini__me

Still not seen a connection to my server, have you replicated this yourself? I so I'll remove the test account.

Still not seen a connection to my server, have you replicated this yourself? I so I'll remove the test account.

I just connected to your server and had no trouble playing. I tried with both the iOS app and the safari browser. One of the channels I tested was labeled as HD so I know that high resolution was covered. The apps are at default settings.

mini__me

Hi Luke,

Yes I see your connections, so do you believe that our problems are something client side, and if so how can we get some additional logs over to you?

relink2013

If there is anything I can contribute let me know. I don't know what changed on mine, but its been working beautifully for almost a week now.

Emby is orders of magnitude better than that stupid little app BrightHouse offers. I had a rocky start, but Im really glad I stuck with it. It has also replaced my Plex server now too!

mini__me

Luke, I've just run the test again and most of the channels that I have played fine. This time however twice in a row Channel 4 HD (104) failed to play....just froze on the first frame.

If you are able to connect to the server to perform more testing you may gain something from your own applications as I assume you have full access to the debug logs.

mini__me

Can you try playing a variety of channels. As mentioned earlier it's not 100% of the time and anecdotally does appear to be "better" recently, but one play isn't going to let you see the problem as it's intermittent.

But I can guarantee you it won't take longer than 5 minutes till you see it.

mini__me

Not sure what you did but I was getting tuner not available on my subsequent attempts to play TV remotely.

I checked the HDHomeRuns and no tuners were in use, so I restarted Emby Server and now getting the usual failures.

I'll upload the log shortly as I'm away from home currently.

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

2016-08-08 20:55:00.2195 Error App: Tuner is not currently available

As stated, I first checked the HDHomeRun tuners to see if they were in use (they weren't) I then restarted the Emby server and again was able to view channels and get them to fail again.

Server 0808.rtf

Edited by mini__me

relink2013

Im not sure if this has been resolved yet, but I noticed something interesting on my end yesterday. I still have this problem on and off, but rarely. However I did notice that when it does happen, after I close the app, if I check my ServerWMC settings Emby is not releasing the tuner it was trying to use (in my case it always wants to use tuner 2). So long long after I have fully closed the emby iOS app ServerWMC is still showing that Emby is streaming from one of the tuners. If I hit reset next to that tuner, and try again it usually works. Sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times, but it has been working about 95% of the time.

If you don't stop the video gracefully then the server will have to wait until it's sure that the stream isn't being used anymore before closing it. I think it's a 2-3 minute timeout but will have to check.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, apologies. Testing with the latest version of the server, and in-app playback settings on automatic, i cannot reproduce this.

I just bought the app iOS to watch live tv from my HDHR prime. I have the same issue exactly. The android app streams live tv just fine from the same server. Can we get this resolved or how do I go about a refund?