Problem retrieving logs

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

log attached 

i'm sure its path substitution, i've never really understood this that well.

i have tried ip address

my server is on a windows machine, media on a nas. on the server libraries are set up with unc paths

no path substitution is used, kodi is on a shield

pretty sure credentials are correct

ta

Spaceboy

How did you initiate playback in your last log (was it a library or a widget)?

widget

Angelblue05

Can you repeat the test from library instead? Post your Kodi log, because nothing was captured in the last one, thanks.

Spaceboy

try this one 

also, can i recap on what was said about soundcloud music being imported or scanned? i'm still seeing location not found errors using the soundcloud api as the address and i'm not sure why. you said not to worry but these errors keep popping up. it also slows the initial scan down significantly. can music from emby plugins be excluded from the sync process?

Angelblue05

Indeed - just go to the emby add-on settings > sync options > Disable Music.

Soundcloud could be coming from the script skin helper. @@marcelveldt

What the heck, there's nothing in your logs again. It doesn't even call the function as it should. Are you missing the Emby dependencies? How did you install Emby for Kodi, from the emby repository right?

Can you validate by going to Kodi add-ons > My add-ons > All > Scroll to Emby and make sure you see 3 Emby dependencies and 1 Emby add-on. Let me know.

If you are indeed missing the dependencies, please follow the steps here and reinstall Emby for Kodi: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-Repository

Edited by Angelblue05

Spaceboy

yep 4 entries in the add on listing all with the emby logo and emby name but if i check the detail of each it says 3 are dependencies and one is the add on, all enabled.

i'll try and pay some more media and catch it in the logs. but would you mind letting me know what path kodi on a nvidia shield will be able to access directly? what do i need to map my unc paths to in path substitution

cheers

Angelblue05

To find the end path you need to use, in Kodi settings > add-ons > install from zip > SMB > navigate to your content, the path will be displayed at the top.

Note in Kodi it should display as smb://path/to/content

but the emby equivalent will be (you'll want your path substitution to reflect this), note there's no "smb://" and they become backward slashes:

\\path\to\content

The client will take care of converting your path appropriately in your apps.

Edited by Angelblue05

Spaceboy

cheers, ok new log attached. i can see the playback request right at the end, its 11.22.63 - the rabbit hole 

Angelblue05

Ok, give me a few moments - something is wrong with the logging. I can't see the expected log lines to see where it's going wrong. I am also using 16.1 and I don't have this issue, btw. Playback works just fine.

@@Spaceboy just out of curiosity, if you enable play from http in the add-on settings > playback tab, are you able to play content? Let me know. This could be due to the fact we don't fall back to http playback anymore.... hmm

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Spaceboy

Ok, I've fixed the logging - please check for updates in Kodi, you should receive an update for the emby dependencies. Then, grab a new log. It should work this time, thanks.

Spaceboy

i'm pretty sure its that my nas isn't allowing non windows clients to connect. i can't navigate to the media folder through tryiong to add a source in kodi, i can see the server but if i try to go to a share then it tells me that the operation isnt permitted.

when i was using kodi on a pi i had to set up nfs access i think, but i disabled it when i took them out. does this need re-enabling?

ta

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's worth trying. I do agree with you tho, if you can't access it from Kodi then something is up with the share itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

ok, i'm still no closer! what i have done:

i was able to add a SMB network location for the nas using both the ip address and the server name and the credentials and i can navigate to subfolders so there is no issue with kodi or the shield accessing the nas. i created sources for both network locations as well

but still nothing direct plays. even if i set the ip address in the network credentials for the emby add in the error message tells me its trying to direct play using the server name. that is about the only clue i have to what's going on here. do i need a path substitution from the unc paths used in the server libraries to the ip address?

cheers

Spaceboy

hi, one problem fixed, another has cropped up.

i managed to get stuff to direct play. i did this by adding my own case sensitive share using the add sources bit of file manager, this way you can enter your network credentials. not having it capitalised was the final hurdle.

so thats working but tday on the shield i am getting library sync failures, log attached 

cheers