Make subtitles (on/off) sticky

Garbonzo17
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Garbonzo17

I couldn't find where this was addressed but anywhere else... I was going to add it to a wish list type thing. This actually applies to both my Fire TV stick running d Android TV app I guess as well as my Roku so maybe I'll post this on the Roku for him as well.

It's only a minor inconvenience to have to arrow down and turn on the subtitles for each episode of a series or each movie I watch but since I want them on all the time it would just be nice if the toggle would be sticky or if in the settings you could turn them on by default... I understand there comes some issues with they're sometimes being multiple subtitles you know like an MKV file with built-in subs and then external s arties maybe you've been in multiple languages but it would still be nice to just by default have something come on if they're the wrong ones I can always change them but most of the time they would be the right ones because I only have one kind of subtitle file that I use.

Which brings me to my final point... Is there anywhere I can make a change that will make the language suffix on a subtitle be three characters instead of two? The reason for this is I watch through Kodi sometimes as well and if emby is downloaded the wrong SRT file and I search in Kodi and find the correct one it doesn't overwrite the existing one because one program uses "en" as a suffix and the other one uses "eng". Older XBMC versions used to let you set this manually or even have no suffix which was great for my Samsung TV through DLNA only uses the file if it's exactly the same as the movie's name and can't have a suffix... But I'm getting off topic.

All the stuff above breaks down to two basic things on a Android / Fire TV app as well as Roku would love some way to make the subtitles on all the time or at least in the last position you had them in Stick.

And the second question was about is there somewhere I can change the suffix from two to three letters.

TIA,

-g

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Solution

Explore your user preferences in the web interface by clicking your user icon in the top right. from there you can set your default subtitle behavior for all apps.

• Like 1