Emby not releasing tuner after watching Live TV (ServerWMC)

McChen

Do you have the server log that goes along with that app log you sent me?  It was July 29 at 13:24.

Hi I'm having the same problem on Galaxy note 4 phone using Android Emby App ...it's not releasing the tuner.  Server CPU at onset is 5% at viewing CPU is 50% after making a bandwidth change it jumps up to 90% ,  closing of Emby app on phone the CPU stays engaged at about 50% on server.  Is there any help for this

Hi I'm having the same problem on Galaxy note 4 phone using Android Emby App ...it's not releasing the tuner.  Server CPU at onset is 5% at viewing CPU is 50% after making a bandwidth change it jumps up to 90% ,  closing of Emby app on phone the CPU stays engaged at about 50% on server.  Is there any help for this

Hi, welcome. There is always help. The first thing to do is follow the instructions in how to report a problem, then we'll do our best to get you squared away. Thanks!

mit3gt

Do you have the server log that goes along with that app log you sent me?  It was July 29 at 13:24.

The server log was to big to upload so I started over.  I just sent you the log from the nexus player a couple of minutes ago.  User is test.  I tuned to channel WXYX.  Here is the server log:

server-63605264358.txt

Edited by mit3gt

homerfan

Hi all, hoping to chime in here when I get a chance. Currently on the train to work. I seem to have a similar issue but, this whole time I thought the culprit was ffmpeg.

Last week I changed my build to to an Intel processor and enabled Intel QSV hardware transcoding. Since then, I only see this issue when a device transcodes a live stream.

I have to then log into my windows machine and manually kill the ffmpeg process.

I'll upload some logs as soon as I get to work.

Hi all, hoping to chime in here when I get a chance. Currently on the train to work. I seem to have a similar issue but, this whole time I thought the culprit was ffmpeg.

Last week I changed my build to to an Intel processor and enabled Intel QSV hardware transcoding. Since then, I only see this issue when a device transcodes a live stream.

I have to then log into my windows machine and manually kill the ffmpeg process.

I'll upload some logs as soon as I get to work.

This is more than likely something else - unless you are talking about ServerWMC and this app specifically.  Transcoding or not should not matter.

mit3gt

Please try again when you get beta .28.  Thanks.

That seems to have done the trick!  Great work.  Live TV is almost complete.  Now the only issue I have is that pesky time shifting.  :P   Any chance we will be seeing this in an upcoming beta in the near future?  I'm all about transcoding if that's what it takes to make it work.

Edited by mit3gt
  • Like 1