Noob question.

mwake

Sorry if this has been asked before...

I am using Kodi on my Intel much and everything is fine. However I read and article which mentioned emby being better at managing as a library than Kodi built in one.

I also heard it's good at managing media over different devices which would be cool for me as at the moment the only cross device media library capability I have at home is using the online Trakt service.

Equipment wise, on my main machine I only use Kodi add-on streaming services like Genesis and What the Furk, ones that create strm files. I don't have any local media.

My question is can I use emby and link to the add-on strm files folder? And if so, do you think am I gaining a advantage using emby like this or should I just stick to Trakt service?

Many thx for any help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by mwake

Angelblue05

While we do not support the use of illegal add-ons, the Emby server does have strm support. It is fairly limited at this time - the only thing it will hold is the watch status - there is no resume points. You can follow this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36118-feature-request-for-strm-files-to-be-fully-supported/

I use strm for netflix. The strm files are added to my emby library, the add-on adds them to Kodi and when I launch them in Kodi, it launches the correct add-on to read them.

Edited by Angelblue05