Duplicate album artists showing in library

Pitchshift

Pitchshift

Version: Emby Server 3.0.5986.0

I have duplicate album artists showing in my library.

The duplicate file paths are pointing to C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\artists\

My actual music library is located \\192.168.1.20\My Music$\

When I remove the artist I am having trouble with from my library location (example \\192.168.1.20\My Music$\Birds Of Tokyo) the duplicate entries (example C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\artists\Birds of Tokyo) remain in Emby (as you can see from the file paths the artist name have slightly different spelling).

I have tried to navigate to the AppData file path and there are no folders in there. How do I remove the duplicate entries located in the AppData folder?

Edited by Pitchshift

• 4 weeks later...

I've suddenly accrued a large amount of duplicates only had this happen once before with one artist due to bad metadata. @@Luke can't a way be implemented to merge duplicates.. ? or easily delete them. 

for the record i've got a dedicated IBN folder in case anything goes wrong. all my duplicates point to there. surely the server should have logic to only have one? they both point to exactly the same music..

@@Luke @@ebr

i need a resolution to this. deleted the artist info from within the artist folder as everything should go to the IBN folder right?

so i did a rescan of library still multiple artists twice but there is no artist file within the artist folders.. something has gone wrong in the last few builds here clearly because they've only just appeared. Not sure how to proceed as there is no option to delete an artist...

Happy2Play

@@Luke @@ebr

i need a resolution to this. deleted the artist info from within the artist folder as everything should go to the IBN folder right?

so i did a rescan of library still multiple artists twice but there is no artist file within the artist folders.. something has gone wrong in the last few builds here clearly because they've only just appeared. Not sure how to proceed as there is no option to delete an artist...

What do you mean by a dedicated IBN folder?  So you have the custom location for Metadata set to this "IBN folder"? 

What do you mean by a dedicated IBN folder? So you have the custom location for Metadata set to this "IBN folder"?

943803d50dcdd88954d11c915b863ead.jpg

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

What is in your IBN folder?

I don't follow you pal? I've got a folder on my movies hdd called ibn the metadata is linked to that as shown in screenshot.

That way if i do a reinstall of everything its all there next time...

The issue seems to be there is an artist in the music folder

Music/artist(here) /album

And one in the ibn/metadata/artist folder both are showing in server with exactly the same content...

Happy2Play

This is what I was looking for "ibn/metadata/artist" to ensure everything wasn't just in ibn folder. 

I see the same info in both music\"artist" and metadata\artists\"artist".  But the server seems to point to music\"artist" in metadata manager unless there is no "artist" in music folder, then it points to metadata\artists\"artist". 

Happy2Play

Can you show an example of your current issue?

I just deleted the duplicate artists that were in my metadata\artists\"artist" and they haven't returned so, for me it would be just a bug from multiple server updated.

v3.1.111.0

jesus how hard is it to upload a screen grab on here? @@Happy2Play from my phone i can drop a screengrab easily but it doesn't show the extent of the problem...

i've multiple artists twice. I've cleaned database, deleted the artist files in both locations and its still pulls two up upon a rescan???

also on metadata editing things don't seem to be sticking? i had all my boxsets in seperate folders some time ago as that was easier. but emby changed and buggered that up. i had harry potters sort ordered just 1-8 within their folder, now they are 1-8 on the sort order of all films. I've even edited the actual nfo (after deleting the original and cleaning database and it's STILL pulling the old data from somewhere??? FML...

Happy2Play

Almost sounds like you have a library.db issue.  You may have to delete the database and allow it to rebuild.

• Like 1

@@Happy2Play WINNER!  deleted library.db all is well in the world.. apart from I've lost some of my tv play counts.. I can live with that...

Happy2Play

Glad it worked out.  There are a couple similar post were episodes were double so I figured this could be the same.

• Like 1