Adding Media Libraries

PTrax

Hi,

I have just installed the lastest built of Emby Server Version: 3.0.5985.0 on a new QNAP TS-251 NAS. The install has worked fine and I can access the web front end to manage the server however whenever I try to add a media library I recieve an error.

I am selecting "Library" from the left hand side, clicking "Add Media Library", selecting a content type and clicking "add". The folders I wish to add are on the NAS where Emby Server is installed. Is this OK? I have tried typing in the NAS IP address followed by the folder ( \\192.168.1.110\Public\FileShare\Media Files\Movies ). This show an error: "There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby server process has access to that location". If I select the "Network" option from the list the folder on the NAS is not listed. I have also tried using the name of the NAS followed by the folder ( \\My-NAS\Public\FileShare\Media Files\Movies ) this get the same error as before.

The folder I want Emby to access has the everybody group set to Read/Write.

Please Help

Paul.

Hi, the mono runtime does not yet support unc, so what you need to do is mount the network path as a local share within the OS and then Emby will be able to see that. Let us know if you need any additional help. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Many thanks for your reply.

I didn't want to mount the folder as a local share because that would require the PC to be switched on instead of just the NAS. The only reason I brought a QNAP instead of another Thecus was for this reason.

Anyway I kept digging and randomly by installing Plex (now removed) I have found the solution. It seems when you use the "Shared Folders" manager on a QNAP device the folder is nested with /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/. Due to the number of folders which make up the QNAP system I was simply not finding it amongst everything else.

So my fault.

It might be worth in a future update when adding folders to the library that Emby jumped straight to this folder like Plex did.

Thanks, that's a great idea. I'll look at defaulting the directory picker to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA.