Weird Recording Issue

PhilWhite
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

PhilWhite

Not sure what kind of logs to send or if that is even needed, but............

I ran into a strange issue setting a series recording for a single show (Elementary) today (well, not actually setting the series recording but seeing the upcoming episodes listed).  I just updated to the latest server version ( Version 3.0.5986.0) this morning (I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it, but just in case) and I was able to set series recording for several series, and the individual upcoming shows appear normally under Recordings.  But for some reason the individual upcoming shows for Elementary do not, even though there is a listing for it under the Series tab.

Prior to the update this was the only show I had set to record anything (I had only just set the series recording a week or so beforehand) -- I had reset everything in my FreeeNAS sever because of a few hardware changes (I wanted to redo the setup anyway) -- so I had not got around to setting recordings for anything else yet.  From what I can tell I didn't get any recordings for that particular series after the improvements I made to the FreeNAS box and I never saw anything in Recordings to suggest that it was actually properly set (aside from it showing under the Series tab as it does now).  I tried eliminating it and resetting with the same results.

So, I was wondering if there was anything in a cache somewhere that might be causing an issue with that show, anything I could clear out and solve the problem?  Or has anyone else run into a problem with a single show like this?  I assume I have some sort of corruption somewhere that is interfering with the proper display of upcoming recordings?  Or maybe something else?

Edited by PhilWhite

• Solution

Either the items in the guide don't have series data or it thinks you already have the episodes in your library. do you already have them? (based on season/episode numbers).

• Like 2

PhilWhite

I wasn't aware that Emby TV was able to determine that based on my experiences with SD's product recently.  Well, yes, these are all reruns and I have previous copies of them.  That would explain it, thanks.  I was going to rerecord them with Emby, but I like that it prevents re-recording better.

Thanks, Luke.

Thanks, yea, we probably need settings for this in case you want to re-record.

• Like 1