MediaBrowser 3 and MetaBrowser

DTMHibbert

DTMHibbert

Hi Guys,

First of all let me apologise for sounding like a complete noob because inevitably i will. I just cant seem to figure what to do.

I have always used Plex Server and Client. - which has always worked quite well nicely laid out and pulled the data for my films quite easily and if it mated a wrong film it was quite easy to select manually which film to match it with. anyway i have just reformatted my PC and would like to start fresh with MediaBrowser3 and MetaBrowser - i have purchased MetaBrowser

so my questions are these. 

How do i setup MetaBrowser to work with MediaBrowser 

How do i setup MediaBrowser not to import its own data and use MetaBrowser data 

Will MetaBrowser download a local copy of the trailers for each of my films 

My Films are all in a folder of there own can i for organisation have all the metadata, images and trailers in the same folder.

My Films are named without the year in the filename is there a programme i can used to add these automatically (with me checking as it runs through my list)

When all this is setup will Media Browser Theater use all my local stored metadata (im sure i read somewhere that it will look for its own) 

does it matter which i install and setup first. (i was thinking i would install and get metabrowser running first then install and setup mediabrowser 

Thanks Guys in advance for all your help 

Dan 

fantaxp7

Just curious, have you tried using mediabrowser server's metadata scrapping?

It works really well. 

There are a lot of small things metabrowser did that I liked, such as being able to rename your files for you. I know that most will have other programs that do this but I haven't been able to get 100% of what I want from other programs like I did with metabrowser.

But overall mediabrowser's scrapping is great I'd suggest trying it.

bruce73

Fellow noob here. Just wondering (before I invest) how metabrowser stacks up against Media Center Master.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fantaxp7

Fellow noob here. Just wondering (before I invest) how metabrowser stacks up against Media Center Master. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have preferred metabrowser personally but people seem to be pretty divided between the two.

If I were you I'd play around with both of them and see what you like.

OR just use the built in scraper of mb server and see if that meets your needs. I believe it should :) .

sfnetwork

MetaBrowser all the way IMO.

I really tried to like MCM before and gave it a real test run but MetaBrowser is much more powerful and flexible IMO.

Fatal is really active on the application dev and is keeping his app up to date with all MB3 changes (boxsets auto creation, etc..)

I also use it for XBMC and Netgear metadata.

It's also planned to support WD Live metadata format as well...

There is a learning curve with MetaBrowser but if you really give it the time to look into it, best one (still my personal opinion here, don,t want to start a debate lol)

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 2

fantaxp7

MetaBrowser all the way IMO.

I really tried to like MCM before and gave it a real test run but MetaBrowser is much more powerful and flexible IMO.

Fatal is really active on the application dev and is keeping his app up to date with all MB3 changes (boxsets auto creation, etc..)

I also use it for XBMC and Netgear metadata.

It's also planned to support WD Live metadata format as well...

There is a learning curve with MetaBrowser but if you really give it the time to look into it, best one (still my personal opinion here, don,t want to start a debate lol)

I agree with this.

I try to sound impartial...but yes, this^ lol.

gcw07

I was always in the MCM camp. It was simple and fit my needs (all I used it for was metadata fetching). Though since MB3, I've completely switched over to using the internal fetcher instead. Really no need to spend money on outside fetchers unless you are in need of the extra things like file renaming, etc.

bruce73

I've had a chance to give each a cursory look and I think for what I need MCM will work. I thank all who gave their 2¢.

:-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by bruce73

bloodtaker

Like they all have said it comes down to personal preference i like them both but tend to use MCM as its a little more user friendly i used to use yamm before he quit updating it in combination with media scout but their api doesn't match themoviedb now so going from 2 down to 1 program is nice :)

metabrowser is 29.99 for a year

mediacentermaster is 20.00 for a year

both do the same just different ways

mentasm

I think that MCM's dev is a lot more responsive than fatal from metabrowser in my experience.

I actually run both.  MCM was a bit sucky with MB3 for a while, but in response to a bug i posted MCM now plays well with the metadata that is populated by MB3.  I was using Metabrowser for TV when this sucky metadata issue existed.

To be honest, the only thing I really use them for now is file renaming.

I use MBM to watch my movie download folder and have it move and rename the movies and download the theatrical trailer for me.  MB3 and MCM then fight to populate the metadata, it sometimes causes some issues, but generally works pretty well.

I use sickbeard to download and place my TV eps into my library.  I think it tends to do the season level metadata when I add the show, but I believe MB3 does most of the rest of the metadata gathering for tv shows.  I will use MBM to rename those few shows I get manually or via torrent that don't have the naming conventions that I like as downloaded.

Cheesegeezer

Personally I've always been in the MetaBrowser Camp.  But like GWC says and I have to agree, I haven't used it in over 4 months now and completely and reliably use the internal metadata scraper within MB Server. It's perfect for what I need and gets approximately 99% of my movies.  Those it doesn't only requires a trip to the metadata manager, input the correct id and refresh. Job Done.  

Save your money.

I guess it depends on how hardcore for metadata you are, SFNetwork is die hard but I guess what he has stated now means that these metadata scrapers are trying to keep up with MB.

steve1977

I used to work with EMM (and also tried MCM and many others). Now shifted to MBS, which is really great! Only short-coming for me is identifying duplicate movies (which may eventually come) and downloading youtube trailer referred by TMDB (which won't come due to some US restrictions about youtube downloads, which MCM and others may care less about).