Can't play movie files since Shield TV update

denzoid
Go to solution Solved by denzoid,

denzoid

I don't know if it was some strange coincidence but since the latest ShieldTV 3.2 update I have had nothing but problems. Prior to that all was working quite well. Since then none of my movie files will play, but for some reason all my TV show (files) play fine... I have tried everything I could think of, or find w/google or find here, or on the the Kodi forums. I have checked my path substitutions dozens of times,  I have even done the factory reset on the Shield. Nothing worked...so  I installed Kodi and Emby for Kodi on my Win 10 laptop and I get the same behavior  TV files plays fine but not movies. All of my media is on the same Unraid server (on different shares) but I went ahead and ran the permissions utility to reset all the permissions to every file. I have tried the Emby for Kodi 2.2.14 on both Kodi 16.1 and on SPMC 16.3, both behave the same. I tried removing my Movies library in the Emby server manager and adding it back, still doesn't work.

As an experiment I added a single movie folder from the same server/share to SPMC as a source and it plays perfectly.

Attached is a log.

Hope someone can help...I have been messing around with this all day.....aarrrggghhhh!

Thanks in advance,

denzoid

emby_spmc.log

Edited by denzoid

Angelblue05

@@denzoid what is your path substitution for your movies? It seems to be missing a slash after \\\\unraid\\movies

Your movie paths are returned as \\\\unraid\\movies{movietitle}\\{movie.ext}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

denzoid

substitutions are:

F:\  to   \\UNRAID\Movies

T:\  to   \\UNRAID\Television

All movies are in their own folders i.e.  \\UNRAID\Movies\Wizard of Oz (1939)\

All television are in their own folders i.e.  \\UNRAID\Television\ Daredevil\Season 01\

Television shows still play ok.

I Added the \ to make the path substitution F:\  to   \\UNRAID\Movies\ didn't seem to make a difference, attached is another log with that as the setting.

emby_spmc_2.log

Angelblue05

Your last log is weird. Was your emby server still responsive? Seems the add-on timed out trying to connect to your server. You were not logged in which is the reason why playback failed.

Anyway, path substitution is a simple string replacement, so you can easily validate the path for your movies by going to the metadata manager and checking your movie paths. If it looks good there, then it should start working in Kodi. According to your first log however, it was definitely missing a slash in the server response. Maybe you can try to delete and reapply the path substitution for your movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
denzoid

This is what Metadata Manager has:

\\UNRAID\MoviesThe Wizard of Oz (1939)\The.Wizard.of.Oz.1939

\\UNRAID\Television\Daredevil\Season 01\Daredevil.S01E02.1080p.mkv

99% sure I figured it out.....When I added the "Movies" folder I did it as mapped drive "F", but when I added the "Television" folder I did it as a network location "\\UNRAID\Television"

I have deleted the movies folder and I'm adding it back again, I'm confident this will work  :unsure: ! I will update when I have confirmed. (I have huge collection so it will take awhile)

That was it, everything is working great! 

Thx Angelblue05!

Edited by denzoid
  • Like 1