Migrated synced items to new Android device (what should be synced, not media files)

fbartels

fbartels

Hi,

I recently got a new sd card for my tablet and to replace the card internally I had to make some space on my device (old card and new card are used as "internal storage" in Android 6). For this I deleted the data of the Emby app, but after this the device as new/different by the Emy server and therefore I cannot sync my old synced items.

Looking into the device list in the backend I now see the following ids:

- 00000000-0000-0000-3b7f-b9166a36d746 (a bit further below, so I guess thats the old one)

- 3b7fb9166a36d746

Is there a way to migrate the list of synced items onto the new id?

The server is on 3.0.5985

Hi, yea this is tricky. Unfortunately we don't have a way in the UI to do this sort of thing aside from just recreating the sync jobs. If you're handy with sqlite you could possibly update the sync database, but we haven't tested doing that sort of thing before.

fbartels

Hi Luke,

thanks for you reply. Do I have to update any other files besides Sync14.db? I did a "update SyncJobItems set TargetId = 'newid' where TargetID = 'oldid';" and can now see the sync icons on the mobile device, but don't see the jobs in the synclist on the device. On the other hand on the emby webinterface all items got update to "ready to transfer, synced, queued, etc".

Edited by fbartels

fbartels

I decided to purg the existing sync database altogether. Maybe this is a good point to clean up unwatched stuff that I carry around with me.