Cover Art not working right for some episodes

jellovator
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

jellovator

For TV episodes, like on the "Resume" and "Latest" section, some of the episodes thumbnail show my specified cover art ("TV" treatment) and others show a rounded (Diamond?) treatment.  If you go to the actual episode the thumbnail looks fine. It has the "TV" treatment. But in the main "home" screen, or "Resume" "Latest" etc many of them aren't using the TV treatment.  I have tried refreshing and checking the option to replace existing images. Still does the same thing, for the same episodes. Happens on Theater and the web client.

Screenshot attached.

Edit:  It's actually showing the proper treatment along with the actual episode thumbnail.  The ones that aren't showing the "TV" treatment are the ones also showing default tv show thumbnails instead of actual episode thumbnails.

Edit2: And looking a bit further, if the tv show has a thumb.jpg file in the root folder, theater will use this image instead of the actual episode thumbnail.  Is this proper behavior? and if I want to have the actual episode thumbnail show, i assume I can delete the thumb.jpg files?

post-47486-0-60934600-1468441692_thumb.png

Edited by jellovator

• Solution
Happy2Play

That means the Series doesn't have a Series Thumb/landscape image, so that is the fallback image.

• Like 1

jellovator

ok thanks yeah i figured it out and answered my own question once i started looking more closely.  :)