navigation with mouse is frustrating

danbruski

danbruski

Hello. I'm enjoying MB3.

I'm wondering how you guys are able to navigate the list of libraries (movies, tv, music, etc) at the bottom of the EHS screen. I use a wireless keyboard and I end up chasing the library name back and forth until i give up and use arrow keys to select what I want.

Take the pic below for example. Let's say TV WMC is in the center and selected, but I want TV instead. I move my mouse cursor over to the left to try to select TV, but the while list scrolls to the right. Now TV is in the center, my my mouse is now too far to the left to select it and is now over New Unfiled. So I move my mouse cursor back to the right to select TV, but moving it to the right makes the list scroll left and now my mouse is over TV WMC or even favorites if it scolls too far before I move my mouse back... I end up chasing TV left and right. I get around this by using the left and right arrows and enter key, but that  has a low WAF and is annoying. 

I'm assuming there's some function, view, setting that I can tweak, but I couldn't find it in the forums when searching "scroll" "speed" "fast"... 

52cc684264adb_ehsnavigation.jpg

Latchmor

Ok, 2 possibly silly questions,

1. Can you use a remote on this PC?

2. Do you have keyboard attached?

Both make it easier obviously. If I'm on my testing PC using a mouse I know what you are seeing. What I do with the mouse is flick up and down quickly from the bottom of the screen underneath the option I'm wanting and this moves it once to the side where I can then move up again and select it.

Sounds cumbersome I know but like I say it's my Test PC. The Live one has a remote.

Cheers 

mentasm

Also, some of the other themes are laid out in a slightly more mouse friendly design.  But yeah, its designed around using a remote, and thats your best bet.

danbruski

I think I do have a remote...somewhere. I use a wireless full sized keyboard with touchpad mouse - works great for navigation and general PC work and also have a hand held lenovo that's like a remote with keyboard and mouse. Using the arrows and enter work great and i suppose that's what a a Media Center remote would be... 

any particular suggestions on mouse friendly themes? I'll search that topic as well...thanks!

Soultaker

I think this is where I use the mouse wheel a lot.

I simply highlight the scrolling pane, by dragging my mouse pointer over it. Then I switch to mouse wheel to go left / right etc..

You are correct.  Most themes simply won't work well with a mouse.  The style of scrolling that we use makes it difficult to do that.

We used to have a setting that would make mouse navigation better but it required a lot of complex implementation by every single view in every single theme and was simply too hard to maintain so it was removed.