Sony BDP-S480 loses connection for latest

mottsen

mottsen

When navigating to the latest folder on my server one of our devices, a Sony Blu-Ray player loses connection to the server.  The Blu-Ray player gives the error: "Cannot find the server. Perform network diagnostics in the connection server settings."

Everything else seems to work fine on it, but just opening the directory for latest seems to fail.

Hi, welcome. More than likely it's either slow response from the server, or there's something about the response that the player doesn't like. If you can provide the emby server log we might be able to determine which of those it is:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Additionally, please make sure you're running the latest version of Emby Server. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
GB Utah

Same problem here.

This lead me to investigate and discover that my user DLNA profiles were no longer being applied. All of my DLNA devices are using default system profiles, which are causing various other problems, but may be related to losing the latest listing via DLNA.

I don't see the root cause for either problem, but I'm attaching a log file.

server-63606372019.txt

GB Utah

Has this problem appeared for anyone else? The device I experienced this on is a BDP-S5100.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's related to the server no longer allowing, recognizing my user DLNA profiles. Should I start a new thread for that issue?

Happy2Play

Has this problem appeared for anyone else? The device I experienced this on is a BDP-S5100.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's related to the server no longer allowing, recognizing my user DLNA profiles. Should I start a new thread for that issue?

I assume the server should be using "Sony Blu-ray Player new" instead of "Sony Blu-ray Player", correct?  Has there been any updates done to the Player the could have changed something?  Have you verified the information in the custom profile?  Have you tried recreating the custom profile?

GB Utah

The server still recognizes and allows custom profiles.

I assume the server should be using "Sony Blu-ray Player new" instead of "Sony Blu-ray Player", correct?  Has there been any updates done to the Player the could have changed something?  Have you verified the information in the custom profile?  Have you tried recreating the custom profile?

As you can see from the server log, it does 'deserialize' the user profile. However, you can also see that it was not used. I previously had multiple user profiles in place, PS3, Xbox One, Sony Blu-ray, Sony Bravia, etc.

I first noticed I had lost my latest listing via DLNA, as reported above by mottsen.

At that point, I browsed the other listings and noted all of my files were appearing as MPEG on the Blu-ray player.

I searched the server logs and realized system profiles were being used instead of my custom user DLNA profiles.

I removed all of my user profiles, rebooted all of my devices and the server and opened the Sony Blu-ray Player profile using the server GUI.

I modified the bitrate on the system profile and added 'new' to the end of the profile name to ensure I had a unique user profile.

I rebooted all of my devices and browsed the server using DLNA from my Sony Blu-ray player. 

The resulting log was attached.

In my experience, at this point the server is ignoring user DLNA profiles. They worked fine as of 6020. It appears according to my logs to have broken as of 6050.

GB Utah

I tried to eliminate the possibility of an identification problem by purposely removing all of my previous user profiles. Then I took the profile the server is associating with my device and made one small change to max bitrate also giving it a new name to identify it in the logs.

However, the server is still using the system profile. That should be evident from the log I posted. Would you like me to upload the profiles as well?

GB Utah

By the way, nothing changed on this Blu-ray player or the profile that I've been successfully using for months. Something changed in the server between 6020 and 6050 that causes the server to no longer use my user profile any of my devices.

GB Utah

Much thanks Luke. I can confirm that as of 3.1.106, my custom DLNA profiles are being utilized once again.

However, that did not resolve the original problem reported by mottsen. I am still experiencing the same issue on 'Latest' movies via DLNA:

"Cannot find the server. Perform network diagnostics in the connection server settings."

Hi, unfortunately I don't have a sony blu ray player for testing so I don't know the answer. I would guess that maybe it doesn't like the format of the videos being returned and therefor is displaying that message.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.