Install IP Address for 2011 D-Series not working

Mobius

Mobius

HI

Was having an issue with resume not working on my Wifes D series, so thought a refresh and upgrade to 1.06 might help.

However when clicking "User Application Synchronisation": the download bar fills within a couple of seconds and then just stops at that point. Waited upwards of 20 minutes and no change.

I searched around a bit and thought I might be able to manually install it, however when

I tried to manually download version 1.0.6 using this:

http://64.79.107.47/widgetlist.xml

The xml contained this url :

http://162.254.68.24/Widget/Emby_1.0.6_Europe_20160120.zip

Which gives a "404 not found" error.

Am I right in assuming the file is unavailable?

Was going to contact @hcjake who was kind enough to host it 1.0.6 for the D series, however it looked like they had not been around recently.

Foolishly; I did not make a back up of the previous version and so the better half is not going to be happy with me. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

EDIT...

OK so I have a work around for now. :)

I Googled a bit and found a copy here: http://ferrous.undeadarmy.com/Widget/Emby_1.0.6_Europe_20160120.zip.

Extracted it to a folder and put it in the root directory of a USB.

Pluggedin the USB stick and then power cycled the TV.

Opened SmartHub and the EMBY app was there. (Just had to scroll to the next screen to find it).

Seems to be working OK so far. (Just have to leave the USB stick in as it obviously isn't installed).

Still would like to install it, but at least I seem to have a solution for now.

Cheers :)

Edited by Mobius

cmcg

This is an oversight. @@hcjake changed his server address recently. I just need to get him to put the new ip in the widget.xml file.

• Like 2

OddbOd

1.0.6 should still be on my webserver, you can try 110.174.204.99 and let me know if it works or not.

• Like 1

Mobius

1.0.6 should still be on my webserver, you can try 110.174.204.99 and let me know if it works or not.

Much Appreciated, Will check it out tomorrow.

Cheers. :)

UPDATE:

File is still available on your webserver, so many thanks for your help  OddbOd

All the best :)

Edited by Mobius

• 1 month later...
smokey7722

Looks like 64.79.107.47 still hasn't had the Widget list updated and 110.174.209.99 doesn't seem to be working.  I was able to get the file and load it manually but I would also be happy to set it up on my web server if others still want to access it that way and its ok for me to host it.

Edited by smokey7722

OddbOd

...and 110.174.209.99 doesn't seem to be working...

Well it probably wouldn't, since that isn't the address of my server ;)

Seriously though, it's not a good idea for anyone to rely on my IP without contacting me first as I may take it down or host a completely different version at any time.

smokey7722

Well it probably wouldn't, since that isn't the address of my server ;)

Seriously though, it's not a good idea for anyone to rely on my IP without contacting me first as I may take it down or host a completely different version at any time.

No problem, I got the file and loaded manually here.  Figured I would just post up to check anyway!  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For anybody that winds up here.

Don't just download a copy from some random website unless you know and trust the site owner, it's unnecessary (and potentially dangerous due to unpatched flaws in old Samsung firmware) as the last version of the 1.x app is still available on Emby's GitHub page at https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/releases/tag/1.0.6

Edited by OddbOd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...