XML metadata plugin supported?

mph55

mph55

Hi,

Is the xml metdata saver plugin still available?  I don't see it in the plugins catalog.  I want to switch back to the xml format instead of nfo because I use the kodi client with dsplayer on one of my devices.  That device stopped saving the resume information a while ago.  My other kodi clients do not have that issue.  From reading some posts, it looks like emby server switched from xml to nfo metadata and it seems dsplayer is overwriting what emby adds to the nfo file.  So is there a way I can download the plugin or have the server not use nfo files?

I would just use nfo and disable the Emby feature to store watch data in nfo files.

mph55

Hi,

If I disable that I think it will interfere with my clients that use the emby web UI and ios app.

Hi,

If I disable that I think it will interfere with my clients that use the emby web UI and ios app.

No it won't.  We track watched status for individual users in our own database. The only reason you need to use that nfo option would be if you needed straight Kodi (without our plug-in) to be able to see watched status from Emby.