Shuffle & Special Features/Extras

poggin

poggin

I would first like to say that I am really enjoying Emby and have not regretted supporting it yet, thank you!

An issue that seems to pop up from time to time with my family is when they are wanting to watch a TV series and choose to shuffle. During the viewing a special features/extras segment will pop up. I like to keep the special features around but I do not think that they should be included in the shuffle aspect of the player.

Perhaps I am just doing it wrong and the last thing I want to do is say something is broken when it could well be myself. Within the folder named after the series, same directory as my season 1, season 2 folders I also but an extras folder there. This allows for these videos to show up as special features/extras when looking at the web page of the series. Doing it this way results in the extras/special features being played via the shuffle button which is, at least for myself, not desirable. 

If I am doing it wrong could someone please let me know and if not, is there any chance this could be at least looked at? 

I appreciate any help and/or time with this issue.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome. Yes this is probably something that should be reviewed, good idea.

• 4 years later...
MndWrp
Just wanted to bump this up to your attention.  I was hoping there was a way to do this.
The eventual proper way to fix this will be when we can store extras as they are in the 'movies' type libraries. Right now tv show extras are counted as episodes.

Here is another thread talking about this. Hit 'like' on the first post if you like what was said.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74162-tv-show-extras/&share_tid=74162&share_fid=77624&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Yes this is something we can improve in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.