Emby Service or Server shuts down with seconds of launching

Mazter Jedi

Mazter Jedi

Greetings,

Been using Emby Server for many years and never really had a problem. Recently, I have noticed that my Emby server was never running. I could remote into the server, and see that the Emby Server isnt running. So I would just restart it and carry on, and then the shut downs got more often. Same results with running it as a service instead of an app. Now, either as an app or a service, it shuts down within seconds of launching. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. 

I would like to know what anyone would need to troubleshoot this as far as log files, etc. and where they might be so I can provide the correct information.

Thanks in advance.

Mazter Jedi

Everything in these logs looks pretty normal. Are you sure it's shutting down? I would try removing plugins and seeing if the issue persists with just the core server.

Mazter Jedi

Yes, I am sure it is shut down. If I launch the app, I see the icon popup in the systray. After about 5 seconds, I can hover over it and it goes poof. Same for the service...I can start the service, and after about 5 seconds if I click on "restart" the screen automagically refreshes and give the option to start or stop the service. 

Except that the logs generally contain more than 5 seconds of activity. the last one i looked at covered a timespan of over an hour.

drashna

If this is running on Windows, check to make sure t hat MediaBrowser.Server.exe is running in the "Details" tab in Task Manager. 

If it is running, then Emby is definitely running.  If it's not, then it may be worth checking the "Applications" section (Windows Logs -> Applications ) of the Event Viewer for related errors. 

Mazter Jedi

Everything in these logs looks pretty normal. Are you sure it's shutting down? I would try removing plugins and seeing if the issue persists with just the core server.

Yes, I did an uninstall but chose not to delete anything, so I reckon all the old logs will still be there.

Mazter Jedi

If this is running on Windows, check to make sure t hat MediaBrowser.Server.exe is running in the "Details" tab in Task Manager. 

If it is running, then Emby is definitely running.  If it's not, then it may be worth checking the "Applications" section (Windows Logs -> Applications ) of the Event Viewer for related errors. 

It is listed i the details tab in task manager. However, now it is locking up while launching. the green bar seems to get about 90% then it goes not responding. Then a box pops up saying "Unhandled exception: One or more errors occurred."

Edited by Mazter Jedi

There should be a log file prefixed unhandled. See if you can find that.