ET an Music / Photo's

Ernst

Ernst

Hi there,

I'm a long time user of Emby and love Emby Theatre for its core use (movies and TV series) however there are still some area's not quite wording the way I would like.

I am running server 3.1.57.0 and ET 2.4.5

Both are on the same HTPC

My main issues are with Music and Photo's.

On the server side (web interface) these two are working albeit a little slow, but in ET the Album view for music only gives me the spinning circle and won't show any album. The covers do show up in all the other views.

When opening the Photo's tab, I don't even get the spinning circle.

I've tried everything i could think of to remedy the issue, but nothing seems to work.

I do recall that at some point these used to work, at least for music albums, can't remember when it stopped working (server version 3.1.34 ?).

I have no idea what is causing it.

I would appreciate any suggestions that could solve the problem (if it has something to do with my setup) and or someone looking into it if it is a bug.

Some additional info:

Music library is set up as follows:

- Audio

- Artist

-Album 1

-Album 2

etc:

content type Music

Photo's library is set up with content type photo's.

Thanks in advance!

Ernst

Update:

I just installed the latest official release of the server 3.0.5972 and all problems are gone!

Apparently the beta version doesn't agree with my machine (or so it seems) or something changed when communicating with ET.

While troubleshooting, I also discovered that the server side of thing became unacceptably slow with beta version 3.1.57.

The Release version is considerably quicker.

Can you please make sure the next release version does not get the same problems the current beta has.

I do realise that my machine might not be up to par (its an older dual core), but it does what it needs to as long as i don't stress it too much.

For anyone else having trouble with loading times in ET, I would suggest to revert back to the release version of the server.

Ernst

Update 2:

I went back to server beta (version 3.1.60) to test, knowing I could always go back to the release version.

ET is now as responsive as with the release version :D

Probably even faster, as my library scan is faster then it used to be.

@@Luke, Thanks for solving this so quickly !!!!!!

Will now stay on beta again!

Please ignore my recommendation to go back to release.