3.0.5984 w/ IIS Proxy Server - Pages not fully loading

James W
Go to solution Solved by James W,

James W

I recently updated the server from 3.0.5974 to 3.0.5984 via apt-get upgrade.

I am running an IIS reverse proxy server in front of the Emby Server for logging purposes as well as security. I am now facing the issue of the webpages not loading fully/properly after the upgrade. I have tried on IE 11, Chrome, and Edge all having the same issue. Cache has been cleared for all of them as well. 

It seems the issue is related to the reverse proxy server as if I browse directly to the Emby server (http or https) not using the IIS proxy the webpages are loading with no issues. I have changed nothing on the IIS proxy server and all other websites/applications I host are not having any issues. Only appears that Emby is having the issue. It started the second after I upgraded to 3.0.5984

The webpages will load if I reload the page 5-6 times. Also only seems to be happening on the Manager Server section. I have checked the logs of Emby server but there is no issues reported. (Expected since it loads OK if no proxy) 

Were there any changes to the web UI that would cause something like this? 

Ubuntu 14.04 for Emby Server

Windows Server 2012 R2 for Reverse Proxy Server

post-138435-0-67300800-1467867750_thumb.png

post-138435-0-55970600-1467867814_thumb.png

Hi, you probably want to investigate more client-side using the browser debugger and see if there are any resources that are failing to load.

James W

Checking the debugger it seems there is some 403 errors. The strange thing is if I load the "Devices" page then load the "Dashboard" page the errors disappear and the webpages loads normal.  

post-138435-0-30708700-1467869680_thumb.png

Those files are unauthenticated as far as emby server is concerned. i am guessing it is the proxy throwing the 403 error. you probably want to look at what logging it has to see if you can find out why.

James W

Thanks I am checking into that now as well as running some tests. Just wanted to know from your side if there was a common issue or anything you can think of before I spend hours looking into it  :)

• Solution
James W

OK after further testing it appears to be a strange issue with my reverse proxy site. Thank you for your quick help as always. You can delete this thread as it is not needed.  

• Like 1