For some media server not getting media info

datikaa

datikaa

Hi there!

For some reason, there are cases where my newly added media is recognised and it's metadata is downloaded, but it's media info is empty. With empty media info the app I'm using (Emby for Android TV) is kinda useless, as I can't change audio or subtitles, or even rewind  the media. What I've figured out from the log is that ffmpeg can't read the media:

2016-07-03 23:35:43.5507 Info MediaEncoder: Killing ffmpeg process
2016-07-03 23:35:44.0003 Error App: Error in ffprobe
ffprobe failed - streams and format are both null.

At any time, a manual refresh on the media solves it. Any suggestions?

Log.txt

once in a while that will happen. if you are copying a new file into your media location, it could be that it tried to probe before the file had finished copying.

• Like 1

JeremyFr79

once in a while that will happen. if you are copying a new file into your media location, it could be that it tried to probe before the file had finished copying.

This is exactly the issue I've seen in the past, easily fixed by doing a refresh on the object, 2 seconds and everything is filled in.

datikaa

Well, if that's the case, I can live with it, but I would like to note, that I'm noticing this for like the past few weeks. Before that, never happend (also I'm on beta, If any help).

DarWun

Well, if that's the case, I can live with it, but I would like to note, that I'm noticing this for like the past few weeks. Before that, never happend (also I'm on beta, If any help).

I've had this happen a number of times for the reason cited earlier in this post.  It was easy to fix with a rescan.  But after updating to Beta v 3.1.53.0, Emby failed to detect media characteristics for fifteen mpeg-2 files I added to my library.  Emby wasn't started until after the files were copied to the storage location.  So ffprobe shouldn't have any problems scanning the files.  Rescanning did not resolve the issue.  I posted about it here:  http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36500-media-characteristics-not-detected-beta-31530/.  Luke responded quickly to identify that the issue would be resolved in the next beta build, but a manual rescan would be required for any affected files after updating.  Sure enough, everything went back to normal after updating to Beta v 3.1.54.0.

I noticed in the log you attached to your post that you were running Beta v 3.1.54.0 when you encountered the error.  So the above may not apply.  But I figured I'd pass the information on as it might explain why you have been noticing the issue over the past couple of weeks.

Edited by DarWun