A request

efigalaxie

efigalaxie

Can the admins make a locked topic on how to make Emby run fast.?????? IE what processes run for what part of emby and how to maximize speed. I have a 3600 movie database. I asked it to pick up a couple new movies I just added and it went away and sulked. I suspect the crappy 5400 rpm hard drive on the laptop. I think an exhaustive coverage of this topic apart from a user manual would be of great benefit AND would prevent many users from getting frustrated and moving to the competition. 

IE:

Symptom - Library Refresh is slow

solution : do 1:, 2, 3, 4.

Guest asrequested

There're many factors to this. Internet bandwidth, LAN bandwidth, CPU bandwidth and speed, hard drive and bus. Is your collection on a NAS? And yes, a 5400rpm hard drive is definitely gonna drag a bit. 

efigalaxie

I am talking about going topic by topic and talking about what most affects what. I am talking a how-to that covers many scenarios. Perhaps a new forum subsection that lists a symptom as the subject line then addresses it in each supported OS.

The forum search is kinda bad......   

My stuff is all on NAS units. KODI is blazing fast and must deal with just as much database. OPENELEC on a Pi was faster than EMBY on this laptop. That is with local browsing ON the server. With my particular situation, I suspect that the hard drive is the problem. Perhaps the wireless AC wifi is too. I suspect I will fix the touchscreen in the machine and sell it. I am suspecting a quad core i7 dell optiplex with a 250 gb ssd and 16gb of ram may do what I want. I would like to find the best bang for the buck under $400. 

This project screams for a well laid out troubleshooting guide on the forums.

Guest asrequested

Ah I see what you mean. I image it would be expansive, maybe restrict it to the most common issues?

efigalaxie

Example: Under guides for server, the system requirements are..........!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Surely you cannot be serious!!!! The laptop I am attempting to use is falling down on it's own.....nothing streaming from it....nothing at all.......just the server on it....and browsing the library. It is a Dual Core i5, 6gb memory and 1tb 5400rpm hd. All WAY above recommended system....

efigalaxie

Yes...List symptom as subject in the troubleshooting forum. then have the top 5 or 10 most common causes and what to do to remedy the issue..