Movie Skip in random or play all

bloodtaker
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

bloodtaker

Not really something that has to be done as i do have work arounds for it with my remote.

Basically what it comes down to is that in mc7 you can play all movies at 1 time and with my collection takes like 15 to 20 min. to start up.

In MB if its a single season for a tv show it works fine.

If its a multi-season tv show when you try and skip it dings at you saying nope

If its a movie collection say my HD collection with over 1000 movies in it it dings as well when hitting the skip button aka next button on my remote or inside media center itself.

Also does this on most Genres as well except the ones that are around 10 to 20 movies max in that genre. If its the small genre the skip button works kind of odd.

So basically im just wanting the skip feature look at a little closer as i just play my entire hd collection or tv collection when im laying in bed being lazy.

Right now in that mode the only way to skip forward to the next movie if im not feeling the current one is to fast forward through the current one.

bloodtaker

Just noticed i put this in the wrong section was ment for mbc

Edited by bloodtaker

• Solution

This is a limitation in WMC that we are working around.

As you noted, if you do this in the native interface, it takes 15-20 minutes to start up.  This is what we are avoiding.  If you try to play a large number of items at once (more than 200) then we use an older method of playback that doesn't cause this huge start up delay.

• Like 1

bloodtaker

Thats what I was afraid of. :( Ugh why does microsoft have to be such a pain lol. Thank you for the quick reply and thank you for the quick move as well.