4000 List Limit?

WelFedTed

WelFedTed

I've tried throwing a larger selection of my library at Emby and it would seem Emby Theater only shows the first 4000 movies in my library when browsing all movies.

Is this a limitation of Emby Theater?

I can still access the rest of my library (items past 4000) if I use the search functionality, but can't see them listed for browsing in All Movies.

Edited by WelFedTed

WelFedTed

Thanks,

I am currently using Collections, my entire movie library is over 12,000 titles so it is disappointing not being able to use the great front-end Emby Theater to enjoy it.

I read through the previous threads and I understand it is 'on the list' to be revised, but could we please get some clarity on what is causing the issue? and if it is actively being worked on or only sitting in the queue of to-do's?

Edited by WelFedTed

jscoys

Thanks,

I am currently using Collections, my entire movie library is over 12,000 titles so it is disappointing not being able to use the great front-end Emby Theater to enjoy it.

I read through the previous threads and I understand it is 'on the list' to be revised, but could we please get some clarity on what is causing the issue? and if it is actively being worked on or only sitting in the queue of to-do's?

Wow 12000 titles???? Amazing!!!

I wonder if you've got some difficulties to browse your titles when in all movies view? Is it slow or is it flawless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

WelFedTed

Other than the title limit, I experience no difficulties or slow downs.

The entire library is stored across multiple systems, but I doubt that has much to do with it.
On a gigabit network with little to no congestion, Emby products respond quickly and reliably from my experiences so far.
Even accessing the library from outside my network is a pretty good experience considering my home internet upload speeds aren't good or consistent (in Australia :<).

• 2 weeks later...
JoshuaAJones

You're lucky then.

Mine plays TV great (menus and all) but Movies... no.

When I can actually get the All Movies to pop up, it's slow to respond.

Trying to use the Year tab is basically useless (as there is no select bar to be seen) unless you want to watch a movie from this year.

If I wanted to watch something from the 80s, I'd be there all day.

My best recourse is to find the movie on the Android App and remote start it on ET... and this is all on the same system.

As for the 12K movies, impressive.  I'm about to hit 4K and thought that Emby was about to stall.

It's good to see that it can be done... somehow.

• Like 1

jscoys

You're lucky then.

Mine plays TV great (menus and all) but Movies... no.

When I can actually get the All Movies to pop up, it's slow to respond.

Trying to use the Year tab is basically useless (as there is no select bar to be seen) unless you want to watch a movie from this year.

If I wanted to watch something from the 80s, I'd be there all day.

My best recourse is to find the movie on the Android App and remote start it on ET... and this is all on the same system.

As for the 12K movies, impressive. I'm about to hit 4K and thought that Emby was about to stall.

It's good to see that it can be done... somehow.

Yeah same here. All movies view and by year is just too slow to browse. So even if you've got a big library you need to know exactly what you want to watch or use the "simular to" option... Because you can't just browse your entire movie list and choose one from this...

As I said before, ET is a great product, but need an optimization pass for people who have heavy libraries [emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
guynamedbilly

I wonder if this is something that's still being worked on.  I haven't seen an update about this in a while.  I've bumped into the 4000 limit too.

Thanks,

Wow! That is all I have to say...

Happy2Play

I wonder if this is something that's still being worked on.  I haven't seen an update about this in a while.  I've bumped into the 4000 limit too.

Well just checked and Theater sees 5554 on one of my servers.

guynamedbilly

Well just checked and Theater sees 5554 on one of my servers.

Is that Emby Theatre for Windows?  I just checked and it stops exactly at 4000.

To clarify, if I go to my movie collection in theatre, it says I have 6684, but it will only display 4000 in the list. So, in the bottom right corner it says 4000 | 6684 when I've selected the last movie in the list.

Edited by guynamedbilly

Happy2Play

Is that Emby Theatre for Windows?  I just checked and it stops exactly at 4000.

To clarify, if I go to my movie collection in theatre, it says I have 6684, but it will only display 4000 in the list. So, in the bottom right corner it says 4000 | 6684 when I've selected the last movie in the list.

I checked all three versions (Metro app, desktop install, and tv.emby.media)

5896208ac3eee_count.jpg

there will still be some limits in some cases. we will be looking at virtualized infinite scrolling soon and then there will be no more limits. thanks.

• Like 4

FrostByte

there will still be some limits in some cases. we will be looking at virtualized infinite scrolling soon and then there will be no more limits. thanks.

Hope this can be applied to shuffling playlists also.  Currently it will only grab a random 100 songs from a playlist when I have playlists with 1000+, 2000+, etc songs.  Would be nice if it could shuffle all songs form the list.

• Like 1