Files won't play in Emby Theater

drashna

drashna

Just what it says, It just sits and the loading circle animation just sits and spins. 

Don't have any issues with other systems, just the one. 

Which is a Core i5-3450, Intel GFX

Windows 10, x64, clean install. 

Emby Theater 2.4.4

The files I've tested are all H.264, AVC, DTS or AC3

I've tried a few different files. All do the same. 

And I've tried EVR+ and MadVR, and tried disabling hardware acceleration (though it was on "auto").

Attached logs of the error, but it's this: 

2016-07-02 14:26:56.8939 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: InvokeOnPlayerThread
	Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008
	System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
	   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
	   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
	   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
	   at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.InvokeOnPlayerThread(Action action, Boolean throwOnError)

2016-07-02 14:26:56.8939 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: Error beginning playback
	Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008
	System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
	   at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.InvokeOnPlayerThread(Action action, Boolean throwOnError)
	   at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.PlayTrack(String path, Int64 startPositionTicks, Boolean isVideo, BaseItemDto item, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String forcedVideoRenderer)
	   at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.Play(String path, Int64 startPositionTicks, Boolean isVideo, BaseItemDto item, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String forcedVideoRenderer)

theater-63603066230.txt

Guest asrequested

It looks like you have external subtitles. Can you play a file that has no subs? Also, how do you have your audio settings configured?

• Like 1

drashna

Pretty much everything has external subtitles. And was working fine before.

However, the comment about the audio was spot on.  The Audio Bitstreaming mode got set to HDMI, and apparently didn't like that. Changing it to "None" fixes the issue.  So thanks!

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Pretty much everything has external subtitles. And was working fine before.

However, the comment about the audio was spot on.  The Audio Bitstreaming mode got set to HDMI, and apparently didn't like that. Changing it to "None" fixes the issue.  So thanks!

That would suggest that whatever you have the HDMI plugged into, doesn't support the audio bitstreams...... a tv?

drashna

That would suggest that whatever you have the HDMI plugged into, doesn't support the audio bitstreams...... a tv?

A Samsung SmartTV, plugged in via HDMI, yeah. 

I think I changed it right before a bunch of other issues came up, and just forgot about the chnage. 

Edited by drashna