Question on Log Entry

MSattler

MSattler

"2016-07-02 17:46:37.9397 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 108.44.199.9. Time: 2229ms (slow). http://emby.marcusrocks.com:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress"

Does this entry mean the Server was slow in accepting the playback progress from the client?  I'm trying to figure out if this slow entry is an actual sign of the server being slow and/or unresponsive.

Thanks!

That's the entire amount of time that elapsed from when the request was received until it was fully closed. fully closed includes transmitting the response, which means it will be affected by the performance of the network connection. So for example, it is possible there could be cases where the server does the requested work very quickly, but then takes longer to transmit the response due to the connection with the client device. 

MSattler

That's the entire amount of time that elapsed from when the request was received until it was fully closed. fully closed includes transmitting the response, which means it will be affected by the performance of the network connection. So for example, it is possible there could be cases where the server does the requested work very quickly, but then takes longer to transmit the response due to the connection with the client device. 

Ok, that's what I figured.  So a client with a shitty connection can cause slowed errors in the log.

I still, every once in a while see slowness while accessing say a TV show.  Background art comes up, and after 20-40 seconds I get all the season info.  Even when no one else is on, and it's local, and a hardwired connection.  I'll keep digging.