Have to hit 'Refresh' on a movie before it shows total time

efigalaxie

efigalaxie

I Have to hit 'Refresh' on a movie before it shows total time and allows me to scrub back and forth within the movie. Why is that, and how do I fix it so that this 'Refresh' is done inline with adding a movie. How do I get it done with movies already added?

Guest asrequested

Is this when a new movie is added to your library? Do you have realtime monitoring enabled?

5777f81aebad7_Snapshot_133.jpg

I Have to hit 'Refresh' on a movie before it shows total time and allows me to scrub back and forth within the movie. Why is that, and how do I fix it so that this 'Refresh' is done inline with adding a movie. How do I get it done with movies already added?

Chances are you are just not being patient and allowing a little time for the media scan to finish. If you think this isn't the case, then please create an example and see how to report a problem. Thanks.

efigalaxie

OK, things that may help. As noted in one of my other posts today, my metadata is local. My PE2950 server that has been running on and off for over a year has to have any movie that I have not 'Refreshed' -Refreshed' before the time duration and ability to move back and forth in the movie works. 

I just load up the candidate machine for my new server last night. It exhibits the exact same behavior. I suspect fault with my metadata files with respect to the needs of Emby. My metadata is Kodi-centric.

I am attaching metadata just generated by Tiny Media Manager for a movie I am adding to my collection.

It wont accept my file as a '.nfo, so I zipped it all up. All of it is image stuff except the .nfo file. I suspect that you only need the .nfo file to confirm my hypothesis. The only three files left out of the movie folder are the .mp4, .idx, and .sub files.

metadata.zip

The next time you add new content, give it a few minutes then if the issue occurs, please provide the emby server log. your nfo metadata doesn't have any impact here.

I don't know what you're trying to say, just please try the test i'm requesting. thanks.

Good day,

As Luke said, normally what count most are the library scan task settings, I for one, the option at the image above (post by Doofus) set to no (reasons I do a lots of moving/updating my libraries titles).

So check the setting at the task for library scan for the timing you like, 2 hours, one hour, .. etc.

Or simply click on library scan if you want to get it done.

My best