Some of my movies are playing really fast??

exiledone1

exiledone1

Hi, 

I've noticed some of the movies in my home movie folder which is listed in collections since they don't have meta data are moving really fast when I hit play. The audio sounds fine, but it's like fast forward has been turned on for my movies. It's not all of them just certain ones.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

exiledone1

Its a time saving method we have introduced.  :P

Need more information

client,logs etc

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Okay I checked out that thread, but you mention not to post the whole log in that thread and only the part that relates to my problem. How would I know what part that is? I'm not a very tech person and I don't understand anything in my log. 

I am looking at the most recent log, but I have no clue what to look for to send to you?? All I know is I'm using MB3, the latest official release.

I'm running the server for windows on my computer and accessing the Browse Library feature which takes me to my internet library where I have folders created for Movies, TV Shows and Music.

These three folders have meta date for them, but my fourth folder which is just home movies doesn't have any meta date. I have folders within folders so I move through the folders until I find my movie and when I play my movie it plays super fast but audio is completely normal. The timer for the movie doesn't move fast either. It's just the movie. 

Here is the video Info: Und  h264   768x432   16:9   1503 kbps  Default

Here is the audio info: und • aac • mono • 32 kbps • Default

Now I have noticed that when I tried to view the same movie in my Iphone 5 IOS 7 MB3 app it works fine. I have no problems at all watching it using the Iphone version of the app. So the problem is just when I access my library over the internet. I can't say if it works on my surface rt because the app for the surface won't let you view any folders beside the movie, tv show, and music folders. 

If you let me know how to find the right part in the log I'll post it. Thanks

exiledone1

Ya my bad I meant to post this link too

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1209-getting-useful-logs-media-info/

I need clean logs of the server in debug mode also what browser are you using?

Thanks for the extra link. I'll start working on getting those logs. I'm currently using chrome. 

Edited by exiledone1

exiledone1

Okay. I followed the instructions and here are the three logs it created when I played the movie. I did click debug mode and everything else in the instructions. 

Log 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28587395/ffmpeg-45800ba4-86c7-4eb5-8215-101a0ec4618a.txt

Log 2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28587395/ffmpeg-ca037c92-5640-4c06-91ef-8fad524e4c18.txt

Log 3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28587395/server-63524652959.log

I just noticed the second log is blank for some reason????? I didn't check it before I posted. I tried to do the whole process over again a few seconds ago and the second log still remain blanks. So just thought I would mention that. 

Hope this helps.

Josh

Edited by exiledone1

Tikuf

Ok there are 2 issues here firstly chrome should be playing webm not sure why yours is playing h264 will have to look at this.

The fast playback is because we make what is called a fragmented mp4 which basically means that the moov atom is at the front but empty (the moov atom contains a bunch of data for the play including frame rate) because the moov atom is empty chrome plays back the file using the refresh rate of your monitor (likely 60hz) so 60 frames per second.

Number 2 is a known issue which is why we use webm

We have to work out why your chrome is calling for mp4 is it a spanking new version? 

Can you please give me an exact version number from the about tab

Edited by Tikuf

exiledone1

Ok there are 2 issues here firstly chrome should be playing webm not sure why yours is playing h264 will have to look at this.

The fast playback is because we make what is called a fragmented mp4 which basically means that the moov atom is at the front but empty (the moov atom contains a bunch of data for the play including frame rate) because the moov atom is empty chrome plays back the file using the refresh rate of your monitor (likely 60hz) so 60 frames per second.

Number 2 is a known issue which is why we use webm

We have to work out why your chrome is calling for mp4 is it a spanking new version? 

Can you please give me an exact version number from the about tab

I just checked and the version is 31.0.1650.63 m

Thanks for all the help

Josh

Edited by exiledone1

Tikuf

tikuf, the webm encoding probably failed and so the player used the mp4 url

Ya i saw the webm req in the logs but not sure why it failed but that would be what the empty log is.

exiledone1

THanks for all the help. From what I read it's a issue which needs more looking into beyond basic troubleshooting on my end. Thats cool as I can watch them on my Iphone for now if needed. Thanks for alll the help guys! I love Media Browser and can't wait for the ipad version.

Josh