Another question about folder structure

Ecotone

Ecotone

In this folder structure for a Blu-Ray disk:

\TV    \Glee       \Season 1          \Glee S01E09-E10              \BDMV

Where do the video files go?  In the "Glee S01E09-E10" folder or the "BDMV" folder?

Guest asrequested

Ok.  Then what goes in the "Glee S01E09-E10" and "BDMV" folders?

They shouldn't be required. Are these folders created when you rip the disc?

Happy2Play

What format are the files?

Good day,

This 1:1 bluray rip, then it will not work like that, you need to extract these episodes, then season 0 will work for you.

My best

Good day,

What I meant here, that episodes as to be special already some time in that bluray, and metadata will not work right in ordering matters.

I hope I make it clear for you.

My best

Guest asrequested

Good day,

This 1:1 bluray rip, then it will not work like that, you need to extract these episodes, then season 0 will work for you.

My best

So if the container isn't changed, and is kept as it is on disc, the folder structure can't be altered?

Ok. Then what goes in the "Glee S01E09-E10" and "BDMV" folders?

In the glee s01e09-e10 folder, you put nothing. In your case, with bluray folder rips, this folder is for emby itself to maintain. In the BDMV folder within the glee folder goes your folder rip. This lets emby realize what it is.

Folder support like this is experimental at best. Most apps and clients will have to transcode these and produce horrible results. Your mileage may vary too, the stream may lockup, client may crash. There is no warranty of fitness for these. Eventually support for these will be deprecated and users still using them will be forced to "get with the times".

It is almost always better to rip each inidividual episode to MKV and keep the bluray menu ripped as a TV theme video. This assures maximum compatibility with modern day clients and apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

So if the container isn't changed, and is kept as it is on disc, the folder structure can't be altered?

Good day,

As our OP example of the bluray 1:1 rip he have, as it till emby that episodes order as folder rip (S01E01-E05) this just example, so the metadata will simply indicated for that, even if at thetvdb site or whatever emby server pulling the info from, will put e05 as episode 5 based on the naming, so that the issue if the e5 is the special one.

My best

In another word, if you want to get correct best naming and info for your episodes, do as speechles said.

Ecotone

I was basing it on this from here https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming:

Dvd and Blu-ray episodes

Dvd and Blu-ray folder structures are also supported. The folders can have any name, but using episode numbers will improve the ability to download and display metadata.

To be recognized as a dvd structure, the folder must contain either a VIDEO_TS subfolder, or a VIDEO_TS.ifo file. To be recognized as a blu-ray structure, the folder must contain a BDMV subfolder.

\TV    \Glee       \Season 1          \Glee S01E01-E04              \VIDEO_TS          \Glee S01E05-E08              VIDEO_TS.IFO          \Glee S01E09-E10              \BDMV

If I just rip the episodes to MKV then I don't need the folder structure above.  Is that what you are all saying?  So I would just use this folder structure?

\TV    \Glee       \Season 1          Glee S01E01.mp4          Glee S01E02.mp4